Disappointment!

They were skins for All Star 2018 weekend. They were marketed as such. When the All Star 2018 event comes around again, they will be available.

To celebrate the All-Star Game, we’re revealing two new legendary Overwatch skins: the 2018 Atlantic All-Star Tracer and the 2018 Pacific All-Star Genji. Both skins will be available for a limited time from August 17–27. Each skin is redeemable for 200* Overwatch League Tokens.

2018 Atlantic All-Star Tracer

2018 Pacific All-Star Genji

Names of the skins dudes.

1 Like

It means everything, I could maybe agree with you if you could have purchased them outside the game, but it’s an OWL skin, so even if you wanted them you couldn’t get them if you were banned for example, not like the other skins, so…

You couldn’t get Kerrigan if you were banned during that time either since you could only get that in game :woman_shrugging:

Yeah maybe, I didn’t remember about that one but…

• You had 1 month to buy it, so not the same thing.
  • It’s a recolored skin, not a new skin.
  • It’s still not smart from Blizzard to do that because even if you want the skin you can’t have it, just because of Blizzard.

Edit : I forgot… :woman_shrugging:

Are you talking about Kerrigan? You didn’t have to buy that skin, you just had to exist in game.

Also, if you get a ban that lasts more than a week you probably actually deserve it since they start with 10 minute bans depending on what you did. It is a special case if you start at a week, let alone 2 to not be able to get the All Star 2018 skins.

Exclusives are intelligent business tactics. People are more likely to buy things if they can’t get them later. If you can’t handle not having 11 out of 498 skins, I don’t know what to tell you.

1 Like

Yeah I said “buy” but you got it anyway, you need to be in the game.

Wrong.

I wanted them but I was banned, not the same thing.

It doesn’t matter why you couldn’t get it, I’m not going to keep saying it. It sucks you missed out, whether or not they were legit doesn’t matter, it won’t make them come back.

I missed out ? Yeah but not because of me.

It seems like you don’t like to be proven wrong (last example with bans because you avoided the answer) so you can say whatever you want but I think this discussion is pointless.

It has always been as pointless as your voicing the dislike of it has been since they aren’t coming back anyway.

Uh, your own phrase describes why it was not available. Limited time event

Like Oni Genji or Officer Dva ?

Oh wait…

As far as I know, those were promotions to get them first, not to be the only ones to get them.

1 Like

They never said it was unique, exclusive, or limited.

https://blizzcon.com/en-gb/news/20327397/team-up-to-conquer-the-nexus-challenge
Your challenge, should you choose to accept, is to party up with one or more of your friends and play at least 15 Heroes of the Storm games in Co-op vs. AI, Quick Match, Unranked Draft, or Ranked modes between November 15 and January 4** .
Upon doing so, you’ll be handsomely rewarded with sweet in-game loot in both Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. Better yet, those of you fancy yourselves over-achievers can continue your campaign through the Nexus by completing 30 games to add even more to your growing Heroes of the Storm collections.

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/heroes20/nexuschallenge20/
This is the nexus challenge with DVa

Nowhere does it say anything is limited, exclusive, or unique outside of the very first Nexus challenge, that had original Oni when the game was 6 months old, where “limited” referred to the event. Nothing said the skins were exclusive to the Nexus challenges and doesn’t apply to them since they aren’t, and never were, event locked in another game.

I’d appreciate it if people stopped pretending those were meant to be exclusive.

1st they were here just for a limited time, after that they added them in the game because people cried.

Like limited in time, like All-Star 2018 ?

So they can add them back.

BIG OOF.

Edit : PezLex, look at the dates.

Nah, but an announcement from Blizzard that confirmed that last year’s skins would not be available would have been nice. I like having at least one thing be exclusive every now and again.

Those dates are for the very first Nexus promotion.
https://blizzcon.com/en-gb/news/20327397/team-up-to-conquer-the-nexus-challenge
Nowhere on that page does it say limited, unique, or exclusive.

Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Nexus Challenge started April 25, 2017. Jeff’s comment was made April 25, 2017.

Hey, Jåsz, look at the dates and articles.

Again, don’t see the point of the argument.

• Skins not marked as “legacy”
  • People asking Blizzard to at least comment on the issue and get silence

Those the things that matter. Nothing else, really.

I can’t tell if your being sarcastic, lol :slight_smile:
So yes, while it’s the boards job to maximize shareholder wealth, adding a few bucks to the bottom line isnt always the optimal route. If you aren’t being sarcastic then I’d agree in that at such a small revenue figure strategy is more valuable than dollars and nothing moves the needle more than exclusivity.

Ironically all this hubub over last year’s skins not coming back has played right into blizz’s hands. You can guarantee everyone that’s aware of the situation and cares about skins will buy this year’s, likely even spending real money to get them.

1 Like

You know what would be a good move in this case? To let this 2 week event go past, so that people who fear for exclusivity buy new ones and then release old one at anniversary event. For 2 days. A weekend. Yes, exclusivity thing will fade a bit, but by the time next year they release 3rd ones game will be almost 4 years old. Player base is shrinking anyway. So whoever will think about buying those by then are most likely loyal fans that would’ve bought it anyway - exclusive or not…
But this is offtopic.

You said it, nothing else, so I will just quote it.

Limited event, in the 1st page (didn’t read the others, I don’t need to, because the 1st is enough), like All-Star skins, but they added them later (and we saw a lot of people crying because of that, because they were not special snowflakes anymore).

I did, and you’re wrong again.