Disappearing Midair Ults, Can we get a dev comment

I’m pretty sure the server can interpret what the ultimate user is seeing on their screen, and choose whether to honor it or not.

Otherwise “favor the shooter” wouldn’t work.

1 Like

Yeah, and the server can also see what the stun user saw. There isn’t any reason to value the ultimate over the stun. The whole point of the change was to reward people for cancelling ultimates. If the server and the stun user both agree that your ultimate should be canceled, your end should not override that.

Genji isn’t the reason for this bug. The bug has always been here and the ult change just makes it more apparent it exists, which is good. It needs to be fixed. It has for years.

1 Like

That’s a preference issue, and one which the devs should comment on.

Since the developers are “choosing winners” in a gameplay situation.

Agreed a TRILLION percent

1 Like

One possible solution to this is that the developers could crank up the polling rate on ultimate users.

They already mentioned that they are doing this now for Sombra hacks, to avoid latency issues.

Well they’ve obviously made their decision. Why do they need to comment on it?

Wait when did they say this? (Also yeah I agree with this solution)

I fully agree.

This definitely needs to be looked at.

I don’t understand how transformation ultimates like Dragonblade, Tactical Vidor, Configuration: Tank and Valkyrie aren’t cancelled if they are stunned in the cast animation, but projectile ultimates like Blizzard, Pulse Bomb and Nanoboost are. The purpose of the ultimate change was to made it more consistent, but it just became more inconsistent.

In regards to them updating Sombra’s hack polling rate.

Here you go

1 Like

This could help projectiles as well.
I have no problem with losing the ultimate if I’m stunned, but not after I threw it. That’s just BS and unfair.

Blame the people complaining about genji* This change was a huge nerf to genji and blizzard had to keep it consistent across all the heroes. If there were no complaints, this change wouldnt exist

So getting stunned/killed like 4 times when ulting but still having the ult to use it right away seems fair?

(there was a clip showing that exactly)

Oh, so it isn’t new. Guess that solution didn’t work then lmao.

Ive seen so many Meis lose a good ult because they got stunned or died. The ultimate change was a stupid one imo.

Well the devs can also arbitrarily choose for certain abilities to have higher netcode priority bias.

For instance, every escape/shielding/invulnerability ability has netcode priority over Roadhog Hook. Except Mei IceBlock.

And they said they were going to fix that “soon”.

1 Like

More examples of disappearing ultimates:

Tracer:

Mei:

Actually, one extremely simple solution to all of this. Reduce all cast times by whatever the delay between client lag usually is.

Probably about half a second would be plenty.

That way, it’s almost impossible for the projectile to be airborne for the shooter, while still on cast-time for the stunner.

PLEASE!!!
It’s intended but it feels like crap to throw it, die, and realize your ult is wasted EVEN THOUGH YOU THREW IT BEFORE DYING!!

How can junkrat can keep his riptire and his bombs after he die but mei and tracer cant? I dont even know the answer myself