Disappearing Midair Ults, Can we get a dev comment

It’s this a bug, or a feature?

Because it sure feels like a bug, when you have projectiles disappearing midair.

Tracers will even get confirmation of “Stuck” and yet nothing will happen.

Cast time is understandable, but after the projectile is airborne, I see no reason not to honor it.

28 Likes

Agreed a million percent

4 Likes

I can recall of at least 5 or 6 times this bug was reported. Another bug you can add to the long list. I’ve been wondering for months if they were going to fix McCree’s flashbang and nothing ever happened even if it was reported multiple times too. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yep been a bug since launch just like earthshatter.

Yeah, but it wasn’t as apparent because the ultimate would usually be refunded.

Or heroes like Mei were originally coded to have zero cast time.

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/7iBC8XRMqA0

Projectiles do not get deleted mid-air. If you think that happened, I’m sorry but that was latency.

Blame Genji for this issue, he was the main reason that the ult change happened and affected heroes that didnt need it

8 Likes

Absolutly it’s a latency question.

However, specifically it’s a netcode priority bias question.

And why these ultimates aren’t given “favor the shooter” treatment.

2 Likes

They are. It’s not that they aren’t being favored, it is that the server is getting the stun before the cast time ends (while you are not)

I’m pretty sure the server can interpret what the ultimate user is seeing on their screen, and choose whether to honor it or not.

Otherwise “favor the shooter” wouldn’t work.

1 Like

Yeah, and the server can also see what the stun user saw. There isn’t any reason to value the ultimate over the stun. The whole point of the change was to reward people for cancelling ultimates. If the server and the stun user both agree that your ultimate should be canceled, your end should not override that.

Genji isn’t the reason for this bug. The bug has always been here and the ult change just makes it more apparent it exists, which is good. It needs to be fixed. It has for years.

1 Like

That’s a preference issue, and one which the devs should comment on.

Since the developers are “choosing winners” in a gameplay situation.

Agreed a TRILLION percent

1 Like

One possible solution to this is that the developers could crank up the polling rate on ultimate users.

They already mentioned that they are doing this now for Sombra hacks, to avoid latency issues.

Well they’ve obviously made their decision. Why do they need to comment on it?

Wait when did they say this? (Also yeah I agree with this solution)

I fully agree.

This definitely needs to be looked at.

I don’t understand how transformation ultimates like Dragonblade, Tactical Vidor, Configuration: Tank and Valkyrie aren’t cancelled if they are stunned in the cast animation, but projectile ultimates like Blizzard, Pulse Bomb and Nanoboost are. The purpose of the ultimate change was to made it more consistent, but it just became more inconsistent.

In regards to them updating Sombra’s hack polling rate.

Here you go

1 Like

This could help projectiles as well.
I have no problem with losing the ultimate if I’m stunned, but not after I threw it. That’s just BS and unfair.