Director's Take - Looking Ahead to Improvements and Experiments

Not moaning and whining after an agreeable change is not being a blizzard shill. Please go outside. Unless you want me to moan and whine about the comp grouping changes. Which I won’t, because I solo queue comp so I don’t really care about them either way. Sorry, I’ll smack them for something I actually deem worth smacking them for. Like the lack of lifeweaver buffs.

1 Like

He literally talked more about s10 than anything else and ignored the pain points of s9 completely… Which is kind of pathetic considering the actual feedback from s9 has been quite negative, but that’s what you get when you only listen to those who lick your boots for a living, i guess.

13 Likes

I was under the impression that during the QP:H event, that the push bot speed change was overwhelmingly the one thing most people agreed was a good thing (albeit maybe not quite as fast).

2 Likes

I think we deserve some input on what on what is going to happen to the PvE mode, since most of them got laid off and now still being left in the dark, once more.

1 Like

I think the closest thing we gonna get to story is to what characters like kissing men or not

2 Likes

Your doing that thing where your argument comes from denouncing and thinking your calling others out rather then making a legitimate argument and only using things you’ve seen in your eyes or have blantently ignored to make yourself look better.

Things the community has complained about besides waahh bring back my 6v6 include.

Push taking to long.

Flash point feeling like “Replay simulator”

Why the experimental card isn’t used.

And other legitimate complaints multiple peiple have had…

And also wide groups playing with narrow groups something which I absolutely hate.

2 Likes

“Quick Play isn’t down; it’s just that people are playing a lot more Competitive Play!”

I suspect it’s because the QP experience (with leavers, backfill, and seemingly nonexistent MM system), is driving people to Comp in an effort to have some kind of balance in their matches. Because atm, QP is just a horror show…IMHO.

4 Likes

Loving the new changes Blizzard, I Just hope you take a look at healing output for all supports, because right now it’s not satisfying to see HP bars barely move during team fights. There should be more ways for supports to heal.

I think it would be interesting to add an emergency button for all supports to give a full bar of HP on a CD. It can be a “role ability” that is shared for all heroes in that specific role. Something fun and spicy to add to the gameplay.

We received a lot of feedback on the way we ran the first event, and I’d like to take a moment to address some of it. The first question that people asked was why we would run this mode in Quick Play rather than something like our old Experimental Card, which was originally created for this purpose. The truth is that the Experimental card was never popular enough for us to get the type of data we wanted from it. Only about 18% of our players joined this queue, and out of those, the overwhelming majority would only play 1 match before going back to their preferred modes. We’d like to get longer-term data and feedback on these tests than what Experimental was giving us. It’s difficult for anyone, devs or players, to make an assessment of a game-wide change in just one match. The other piece of feedback we heard was that big disruptive changes to Quick Play didn’t give players an option of playing their favorite mode if they didn’t like those changes.

Give people an incentive to play it, and they will. Easy.

Based on what we heard, we will change the way we run Quick Play: Hacked for future events. When we want to test things that have the potential of being fairly disruptive, we’ll run the mode on a separate card next to Quick Play. When we want to test something that is a little more moderate, we will probably take over Quick Play but do it for a shorter period of time during the week. And when we have a test that we feel has little disruption to the core game, we’ll probably run it the same way we did the original.

I like that solution.

Thank you for the comms! I liked reading this actually.

2 Likes

don’t listen to the perma haters who just love to complain about everything. the quickplay hacked was good, keep doing it!

4 Likes

This kid that made this blog posted is like, QP isn’t down! On the release day of our new season!

Logically, it makes no sense that when people move over to competitive instead of QP, “QP didn’t lose players.” I mean, rofl, That. doesn’t. make. sense.

Yes, on your launch day QP didn’t lose players. How about today though. Now 40% plays comp and 30% plays QP? If all your players moved to competitive, guess what, QP lost players, lol.

At any rate, this game is horrible now, and I don’t care. The forums are funny though. Especially the devs that are left, lol.

just chiming in to point out that none of what was said here should be interpretted as a “solo queue” which ive seen thrown around several times on forums/reddit…that is not what is happening

1 Like

How about some actual info on how the season 9 balance is working?
A lot of players are concerned with how the who rebalancing affected their heroes.
We have heroes like LW and Sym who are in the dumpster and got absolutely no changes in the ‘emergency patch’ that was supposed to buff and nerf outliers.
And here they come in "yeaaaah, season 9 is going great :+1: "

1 Like

Would really, REALLY like to see the actual rank of players for teams in the match. Not just the range (ie silver 1- plat 5, etc) . Some transparency on the matchmaking would be nice.

Also, let us use the comp points as substitutes for legacy comp points for gold weapons. Some people may have little to no interest in the newest skin.

MB’s script: a lot of explosions, with no real story.

Thats a entirely different subject with entirely different intrecacys.

I do also hate that they didn’t do this and that but acting like this is nothing is blantently false information.

The season also… ya know just started.

1 Like

Mercy and Lifeweaver kind of need a healing buff, maybe something like the triage but adjusted. Hope that is addressed in the mid-season patch or season 10…

1 Like

They’re crazy then, it sucked to lose the game in two fights. Felt just like a bad 2CP game.

2 Likes

If you’re removing grouping restrictions for ranked then don’t match premades of 5 against solo queue players in masters and above, the advantage is just too big.

3 Likes

I am aware. But that doesn’t change the fact that they are simply ignoring these heroes.
If they would have made a directors take talking about what heroes are being looked at, that would be much preferred.
This take instead just goes into some info that most people won’t care about at the moment. Especially with nothing in this take seemingly having an impact right away.

1 Like