Director’s Take – Looking Beyond Overwatch 2: Invasion

This reads like youre only talking to streamers as your core playerbase.
I know streamers are important players, but this feels very detached from the ovberall playerbase. You dont adress the issues which were mentioned in regards to the PvE missions at all.

2 Likes

Dude - change the format.

Talk about the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, in a structured, clear way so it feels transparent.

You don’t need to sell the idea that Overwatch 2 is getting good feedback as if that’s the overarching message right at the beginning.

If you literally just stated the things that are bad, people would trust more.

For instance, one of the reasons you can’t get a legendary run done is because you can barely get a game without bots, which are simply impossible to complete the mode with.

This is a major concern because it makes us feel like no one bought the Story Missions and makes us less likely to buy in the future.

You don’t have to solve it.

JUST MENTION IT

2 Likes

Flash Point has potential, but the mobility gap between the most and least mobile heroes really needs to be considered more when designing game modes. Low mobility heroes spend too much time walking to and from objectives in Flash Point. It would help the game mode a lot if something was done to reduce the walking simulator feeling slow heroes get.

Review bombing the game on steam with memes and unserious posts is not going to accomplish anything, correct

As they said in the Blog Post, what are they supposed to do? Go back in time and have upper management not cancel PvE and mismanage the game? They physically can’t do that no one has invented time travel yet

Like they said, all they can do is keep updating the game and adding content and systems. And when they do that in a big update like this current season, which is the biggest OW content drop for a patch ever, all they get in return is negative review bombing for something that physically is not happening and can’t be changed.

Must be fun being a Dev!

worse balance
more bugs
worse sound mix
worse events
less rewarding feeling after finishing games
on fire got deleted and added again
heroes behind a grind/paywall
lot’s of maps are gone
manipulating peoples mind with FOMO and overpriced skins
they literally lied to us for a year

OW1 felt much more rewarding with the SR gain, the lootboxes you got with every level up, you actually had the chance to get the skins for free, now they’re LOCKED behind a paywall.

But yeah bro, keep defending this company, your comments are a joke to me.

19 Likes

Boo! tomato tomato!!

:tomato::boom::tomato::boom::tomato::boom:

4 Likes

This is so cool!! can we have sr back now :grin:

1 Like

You’re wrong in so many ways tbh

1 Like

I seriously hope they didn’t see the steam reviews and only come away with the impression that it was because of the PVE scale back. I hope that conclusion was just corp speak, and they actually realize the precarious situation the game is approaching.

1 Like

Yes pls and stop inflating people’s ranks

Good arguments, you defeated me.

9 Likes

Judging by your view on things I don’t think arguments are capable of swaying your out of touch beliefs lol

Not worth typing paragraphs just for you to bury your head in the sand

1 Like

My point is we didnt bomb it out of nothing, there were reason behind it other then just for the meme

If people didnt have issues then the review bomb wouldnt have been as big or have happened at all

3 Likes

There were other solutions besides outright removing an entire teammate. They went with the most extreme solution.

2 Likes

You are absolutely right, I stand no chance against your non-existing arguments.

6 Likes

this was to improve the watchability for OWL

and now OWL is dead… so can we have the 6th player back?

5 Likes

Which kind of says it all, doesn’t it? They truly and honestly deserve every bit of negative review they receive on Steam.

Everyone has a breaking point and this community have gone beyond that point now with the lies, the delays, more lies and corporate nonsense.

The only echo chamber here are the one the shills and white knights are creating.

This has got to be the worst hot take i have ever seen next to the director’s take…

Fixes to MM? What fixes? They have made it significantly worse.

Overall it’s a downgrade. That’s an objective fact.

Genuine criticism for OW2 on this forum are being shut down by shills and white knights where they log on multiple alt accounts to get anyone who posts anything negative, be it feedback or valid criticism, banned and silenced. That is one of the main reason for the review ‘bombing’ on Steam. You nor the other white knights can’t touch us there, and neither can Blizzard.

12 Likes

Are you high lol the UI in OW2 sucks

11 Likes

Great to hear from the dev team! I think this is one of the best seasons of OW ever. The PVP balance is great, the story missions were ok, but I’m looking forward to the next chapter. For flashpoint, the only feedback I can give, is when you respawn in the old spawn, but the rest of your team gets forward spawn, the game can feel a bit like a walking simulator

Hey Aaron. I’ve been really happy that Overwatch 2 came to Steam. I’ve been using the overlay’s notes app to track which achievements I haven’t gotten and who I need more playtime on. The review bomb is very unfortunate, regrettable, and not representative of the state the game is in right now. Thank you for your positivity and for doing something nice for your audience.