Director’s Take – Looking Ahead To Season 4

And who are you? Shall we investigate your every day life find the evil and then blame you and all your family and all your friends every time they attempt to do good. Nah. Not happening. They’re doing this as good will towards lgbtq. Whether they make money or not they’re still doing it. Something they haven’t done for all of Overwatch. And here you come reminding everyone it’s fake, and these people still suck. Move along. Stomp raining on peoples parade. Let people be excited for an event that represents them. Don’t show up with picket fence signs about how the company sucks. We all already know this. It’s a video game forum. Most these people are up to date on everything this company does. We’re already so deep we discuss this game all the time.

So just didn’t see my previous post or…? Ill repost

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-files-lawsuit-and-proposed-consent-decree-prohibit-activision-blizzard

The main culprit is Activision, and its actions taken towards its main esport brands (Overwatch and Call of Duty)

Activision and the independently-owned teams in each league implemented…”

“…if a team’s player compensation exceeded a threshold set by Activision.”

You really are gonna sit here and say it’s the 3d skin artists, the sound engineer, the art director, the voice talent coordinator, who are trying to maliciously limit the OWL team salaries?

It’s literally Activision and the independent owners of the individual OWL teams. It literally says who the allegations are against and why in the literal document link

If you wanna go on a weird tangent and say it’s team 4 devs then ok have fun but that’s just silly

They already settled that case.

And if anything OWL team owners have been deferring owed payments to Blizzard since 2020.

It sucks that the Pro players get hurt by this. But from a Corporation vs Corporation perspective there’s a lot wrong with OWL payments all around.

1 Like

Teamwork—including depending on and trusting your allies—is crucial to Overwatch combat.

And yet Overwatch lets you only add 3 people to one’s avoid list. I think every skill+region bracket has more than 3 people in it that can’t be cooperated with for one reason or another…

1 Like

Ive been against OWL in general since the start, I think it’s negatively affected the overall game in the long run, but I do feel bad for people this happens to. I remember it happening to HOTS pros when they decided the game wasn’t gonna be a mega-hit

esports in general should not be as big as it is and take up as much focus, time, money, and resources as it does imo

I’m honestly looking forward to the crapstorm that this forum will be the first week of Lifeweaver’s launch lol.

Aaron’s timid confidence that we will all have mostly good experience with lifegrip is badly founded

1 Like

I’d be genuinely surprised if OWL exists in 2024 under it’s current franchise model.

They are probably going to dissolve or renegotiate the OWL contracts. And probably do something similar to the APEX tournaments they had before OWL.

1 Like

An in-game Pride event is, at worst, meaningless. Truly not worth complaining about on any level unless you are just a thin-skinned bigot triggered by rainbows.

Blizzard the company stinks, that still doesn’t make a Pride event negative in any way. The problem isn’t the event, the problem is the company and their bad actions.

Of course it’s pandering, this is a mass entertainment product. It’s sole purpose is to pander. This event is not unique in that respect — unless, as I said, you are a weird bigot desperate to be mad.

I will say, there are already, and there will continue to be, a ton of angry anti-gay comments in here, and Blizzard should be ashamed of the level of non-moderation on their official forums. You want to be inclusive of gay people, maybe you should run off all the bigoted creeps hanging out here.

3 Likes

Of course they’re not genuine about it. Neither is every other big company who forces it into their games. They want money.

1 Like

It’s the way there’s a whole article talking about the new hero, new gamemodes, the future of PvE/Story mode and the roadmap for new heroes but people in the replies obsess over the pride section which still hasn’t been revealed fully yet.

Y’all don’t have anything better to do? :skull: It’s one thing to huff and puff when you first see it and another thing to go to every post where pride is mentioned to give your same old two cents.

I think it’s pretty unfair to call people with different perspectives, opinions, and different points names like ‘bigot’ just to try and quiet criticism. If you wanted to say that there is a small number of people blatantly being hateful to other groups, fine. To just say that anyone that might have a problem with it as the same as the actual terrible people, that’s just wrong.

You even admit to it being pandering, something alot of people get annoyed about in general. Some people don’t like being pandered to, whatever group it might be. There are fair points to be made when a company seems only interested in holding up one group and not others. This is not a unifying force, its a dividing force.

Don’t shut down the conversations, that will only make it worse.

4 Likes

What conversation lmao? If there was constructive dialogue, people wouldn’t be complaining. Every time anything related to the LGBT community is mentioned, the same old gremlins think it’s their duty to go to every post where the gays are mentioned to voice their reservations as if it isn’t the same old regurgitated crap that we’ve been hearing for years now.

A Pride event, even if you object to its principles, is an event that they’re probably going to tie to the gameplay similar to Starwatch and other game modes. It can be fun and engaging but the people complaining don’t care about that kind of stuff because they’re obsessed with hating the rainbow. It’s getting tiresome.

2 Likes

I thought it was funny how we found out about this dude’s diet and sexuality before we had even seen his gameplay.
It really shows us that yall’s priorities are to virtue signal about being inclusive.

7 Likes

Dear Aaron,

As with your every insightful update…my question remains the same:

When are you resigning?

2 Likes

So I think an important piece about the state of PVE was revealed with this post.

Notice the terminology: Story Missions

Combine that with invoking Archives as showing the path to these story missions. This is not a campaign, nor is it anything like the old OW2 shown to use and teased to us years ago. I think this further should set expectations for everyone. This isnt a pve experience, this will be an Archives-like series of story missions drip fed maybe once every other season or two. We will see if they make it free or require the battlepass to play.

So far, we have heard nothing about a campaign, hero missions, rpg-like elements, etc. So I assume, the devs of OW2 see pve as an occasional story mission that will be used to sell new seasons of paid content. If these story missions are compelling, I’ll probably try them, but I need to see what they are first.

I was going to say this is the Elephant in the room but at this point is more like the Kraken in a pool. IDK how much are they just going to ignore every question about PvE because even in those streams with Devs, no CC seems to ask that question and … it seems very very very fishy to me.

1 Like

I’m not calling people bigots for having different opinions. I’m calling people bigots for having bigoted opinions. Bigot is a word, it has a definition, it describes a real thing in the real world. That’s the thing I mean when I say “bigot,” no idea why you think I mean something else, or why you’ve decided to invent a narrative that I’m using the word too broadly.

When I see posts on here calling gay people “degenerates” or mentally ill, that is unambiguously bigoted. This is not up for debate. You want to play word games with these hateful creeps, do it somewhere else.

This little game of obfuscation and running cover for hateful psychos is more annoying and more harmful than any half-hearted, insincere pandering in-game event could ever be. Every time I say I don’t want to be called mentally ill for being gay on this forum, people like you come in and pretend I’m randomly pointing at people talking about balance and calling them bigots. I’m so sick of this stupid discussion from bad faith trolls.

3 Likes

You can have conversations around this. Or you can just do the exact thing they are doing in your opinion: wave your hand at any points made and go on your merry way.

Constructive dialog would mean both parties come to understand the points on each side even if the result is that they disagree.

As for me, my only criticism of the event is that they are making such a huge deal about it when you have other groups that aren’t getting that kind of focus. Groups that are equally as deserving if you feel like every group should get designated times when you celebrate them. Just feels like a way to divide people, not unite them. They can do what they want of course and we will see if it generates the interest they want.

Beyond that, why do you think that it will be a new game mode? He didnt mention that, just that it was an event, so that can be lots of things. Remember what they did for Valentine’s Day? If it is a game mode, it could have fun gameplay, but I’m very interested to see what kind of game mode properly celebrates what they want to celebrate.

1 Like

I don’t find anything wrong with pride, it’s good people are getting represented. There will always be people who dislike and like something, it’s impossible for everyone to universally agree on something. I’m just worried that when i wake up on june 1st im gonna see that half the roster turned gay out of the blue. That’s the most disgusting kind of pandering because it had no effort in it at all.

3 Likes

First of all, don’t try to tell me who I talk to or how I deal with other people. Thanks. You dont have any authority here lol.

Second, you posted here in a general way, and you didnt specify that you meant only people that were directly attacking people. Now that you have, I agree with you. No one should be harassing others with direct attacks here. They should be reported and dealt with accordingly.

Unfortunately, people other than yourself can use words like that to shut down debate, making the word carry less weight in the process. I’m glad to know you give it the weight it deserves and only use it when it really is appropriate.

So beyond all of that, there are good conversations to have around the topic if people are willing to have it. Without any direct attacks against anyone. I’m always looking for those and avoiding the name calling ones lol.

Mhm, that’s one of the thoughtful points about it. A lot of people don’t like being pandered to. Getting singled out in a way that feels forced can come off the wrong way. It’s a fair discussion.