Director’s Take – Looking Ahead To Season 4

It’s literally just Lina Khan that’s the problem.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/its-time-congress-break-up-lina-khans-monopoly-over-antitrust-reform/ar-AA19eAPW

more rigging: the director’s special

Here’s my obligatory “any updates on PvE or the promised Hero Progression System?” comment for the millionth time :laughing:

Aaron you genuinely have no idea how to balance the game and your team have proven they have zero clue how to balance the game.

More empty promises being not delivered in Season 4

1 Like

Overwatch team actions have led to an antitrust lawsuit that is going on right now. Who would have thought, people who choose to work for a company facing massive discrimination lawsuits might also do things that are bad enough to have ANOTHER lawsuit by the department of Justice this time.

EDIT: ah yes, edit out what I quoted when you realize that the Overwatch team is also highly problematic.

It is so funny to see game devs drag IRL causes into a fictional game but not others. How come you celebrate pride month but not black history month for example?

This whole pandering only works on those who cannot think.

7 Likes

Are you seriously saying Blizzard did nothing wrong by deliberately reducing player salaries below what teams would have paid them?

Legally what are you arguing because that is the definition of antitrust. Are you saying it didn’t happen? Are you saying it’s not illegal? What are you saying

Why do you give content creators so much freedom and ruin the game. They’ve spoiled everything

See you in season 5?

4 Likes

Genuine question, but isn’t the OWL an entity on its own pretty much?
Like obviously OW and OWL teams work together, but I kinda doubt that OW devs have any say on the salary of OWL players

2 Likes

Who really cares. Your just as discriminatory for finding excuses for why it shouldn’t be there.

I took out my post because I assumed you were one of the dozens of people who keep umbrella lumping OW with the abuse scandals, which I’ve grown irritated and tired of calling out around here

I genuinely haven’t heard of this antitrust case until this moment

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-files-lawsuit-and-proposed-consent-decree-prohibit-activision-blizzard

From what I can read it seems to be caused by Activision, towards its main esport brands (Overwatch and Call of Duty)

OWL is a whole nonsense can of worms and that’s terrible whats happening to them, but this is silly to pin this on the OW development team. From the document itself:

“Activision and the independently-owned teams in each league implemented…”

“…if a team’s player compensation exceeded a threshold set by Activision.”

It’s not like the OW art director or something is going “yo limit Houston Outlaws’ payout!!”

2 Likes

I’ve never been sued my guy. Because I am not trash who harasses women and minorities.

And yet you’re sitting here saying “because this company has a discrimination problem you should feel ashamed for providing and event for a minority” you basically sit on your high horse. Mock those that make mistakes. And hold it over their head as blackmail. You are just as scummy sir. Move in with your day and let bad companies try to be good. Don’t just hold them to a future of discrimination.

1 Like

LMFAO they were sued again 4 days ago this time by the department of Justice. They are still trash

1 Like

Great so trash people don’t have right to do good things. Got it.

1 Like

The bottomline is that pretty much every country besides USA is going to approve the merger by the end of April.

And a similar “Gamers Lawsuit” that copied the US FTC case, was already dismissed by a federal judge.

The UK version of this could be all wrapped up by next week.

1 Like

It’s not even trash people, this lawsuit he keeps touting is towards Activision and the independent owners of the OWL teams

but he keeps dipping back and forth into conflating it with the abuse scandals and implying OW team itself caused this new lawsuit (They didn’t, it was put forth by Activision for it’s main esport teams [OWL and Call of Duty])

I am saying they are fake. They don’t believe this Pride stuff. They treat their employees like trash. They treat their partners in OWL like trash. They are getting sued for this stuff. And we believe that they mean what they say about “Pride” in OW while they pay people less based on their gender and don’t follow-up on harassment claims? I am just saying, this Pride stuff is fake. They are bad people and they don’t mean anything good with this Pride stuff.

1 Like

Nope, it’s Blizzard being sued by the way.

Not the owners of OWL teams.

The Overwatch team decided to collude against players.

Kind of tone deaf to acknowledge concerns about LW griefing and then not offer any solution. He didn’t even mention the gameplay systems we know they have to prevent pulling people into a pit. I think there’s a reasonable argument that the gameplay possibilities are worth the risk, but would have liked to see a more detailed expansion on that idea.

1 Like