Director’s Take – Building on Feedback

Director’s Take – Building on Feedback

: Aaron Keller is back on how player feedback influenced our exciting changes for Overwatch 2

View Full Article

15 Likes

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies… :notes:

56 Likes

In addition, we’ve made most of the projectiles in the game slightly larger, which makes it easier to land a shot on other players.

making projectiles bigger is fine

but hitscan? can’t wait for silver widowmaker’s getting 60% crit rate

7 Likes

“On the Overwatch team, we end our weekly meetings by saying ‘Let’s make a great game.’”

…And then you make sure you go out of your way to consistently do the complete opposite.

41 Likes

DUDE, where is the 2nd quickplay remixed event you promised?

2 Likes

This is great news thanks for the update

I have to say Overwatch being on GFN now has been a game changer for me in how I access the game

3 Likes

The community

• remove invulnerabilities
  • fix anti-nade down from 100%
  • fix sleep being so long
  • do something about mercy infinite movement and unkillability, oh, and rez
  • do something about 1-shots
  • do something about tanking being miserable
  • stop sombra ruining so much of the fun with her stupid invis+hack+escape
  • do something about kiriko being better at dps than all the dps heroes
  • sojourn is broken
  • and so on

Let’s have a look at how the coming patch addresses these

• invuln - no change
  • anti - no change
  • sleep - no change
  • mercy - buffed, even more movement
  • 1-shots - hanzo needs 10 damage on top (we see how well that stopped sojourn, didn’t we?). Widow has more health and still has 1-shot.
  • tanking - hard to believe, but looks like it is going to be 2x as miserable as it is now. Unable to kill anything.
  • sombra - no change (buffed HP but going against higher HP) - just as annoying
  • kiriko - buffed
  • sojourn - buffed as bullets bigger so can charge rail faster
  • and so on

They basically DID NOT LISTEN TO ANYTHING THE COMMUNITY IS TELLING THEM.

41 Likes

Um, this “blog” just repeats what was said in the last one, lol.

10 Likes

I got the same impression. Other than acknowledging the loss of team members at the beginning.

2 Likes

The team will be following the launch of Season 9 very closely and is planning on doing quick updates based on what we see… and the feedback that we get from all of you!

Good, that’s the main thing I was worried about.

Like sure, I still think AntiNade and Snipers are a big problem.

But the biggest problem would have been making large changes to the game, then taking forever to adjust it whenever players inevitably figure out how to break the game.

But if that’s happening, then the devs are doing it right.

1. Macro-scale balancing - “Find the Fun”
  2. Micro-scale balancing - “Tweaks and Tierlisting”

So as long as the devs can get a steady rhythm going with hotfix balance patches, and Quickplay Hacked stuff.

They are either going to get it right, fast.
Or they are going to quickly figure out that they need to try something else.

And I’m looking forward to it!

6 Likes

I think the game is about to get a whole lot better

4 Likes

Golden Weapons were no longer appealing.

This is disingenuous. They are appealing but the golden weapon skin have been in the game for over six years and they haven’t added anything new to it outside of the new heroes where we can spend points on. Players wanted more. Kaplan said to the community that rewarding these items were a mistake or a bad idea because the incentive for competitive becomes misplaced. So, we either continued to collect the gold guns or accumulate points hoping to save for new types in the future, or we assumed they gave up on the idea. The problem here is you developers are never clear about your plans and now are forcing legacy players to start over from new and then making it very convoluted to acquire previous versions down the line. It’s stupid. It’s just a strategy to condition and normalize this battle pass shopping behavior.

26 Likes

nobody wants your “jade” weapons, stop this madness. I want gold to stay, give us option to buy golden ones.

7 Likes

we end our weekly meetings by saying “Let’s make a great game.”

Should have started with it? :smiley:

Sorry, for the first time changes make sense to me

3 Likes

Good developers that actually care about their game wouldn’t have to say stuff like this in an article. It would show through how the game is developed.

14 Likes

With making projectiles and shots more consistent, are there any plans to let crossplay groups play Competitive in the PC matchmaking pool? I don’t see any drawbacks to it since it still keeps M/KB out of the console pool and it would be really nice to not be forced to play Quick Play, where many people don’t take it seriously.

1 Like

I want them because their are ugly

4 Likes

Tank will be absolutely useless with this garbage. 20% healing reduction and make shots easier? Tank hit boxes are already massive.

May as well just not even play. Lock tank and just stand in spawn.

9 Likes

Worst patch in Overwatch history ruining snipers, The TTK, skill gap making bullet hitboxes bigger.

At least dps have a good passive now

2 Likes

And increasing their speed too, no?