Director’s Take – Building on Feedback

I’m not a fan of the direction of the balancing. Increased health pools with the intention of making crits less impactful makes for a slower game. The decrease in emphasis in aiming is abysmal for an FPS. The other hero shooter (Paladins) has laughably large hitboxes and feels cheap and like a knockoff specifically for that reason. I hope this is something the balancing team isn’t hard committed to

6 Likes

idm projectiles being more in line with hitscan.

Make Torb hitscan if you’re going to ruin his turret

1 Like

This is just recap on everything that was already announced. Literally no new info whatsoever.

but one of the things we’ve been most proud of is how we’ve kept lines of communication open between the team and our community, and we intend to continue that.

The OW team has to be the most tone deaf one in gaming history.

Took 7 years just to revert the ranking system back to early OW1 state.

11 Likes

Speaking of feedback, there are a few other systems that players have been talking about recently that we’ll respond to in future Director’s Takes and blog pieces this season. The first is our Quick Play: Hacked event, and we’ll have more updates in the weeks and months to come. I can’t wait to share our thoughts on those with all of you.

Ok :face_with_diagonal_mouth:… I remember badly that…

That’s what these Quickplay: Hacked events are designed to do – quicken the feedback loop and allow for swifter implementation of improvements into the game. In fact, we have one more coming later in Season 8.

no, I remembered well. :face_exhaling: so you’re telling us “sorry, we postponed the quicker play. here’s another week of double EXP.”" :neutral_face: and that’s fine, you’re reviewing how to handle it… but being clear is better. :raised_hands:

Me looking for PvE news:

8 Likes

I implore blizz to review my accounts’ rankings as I don’t believe them to be accurate. GM1 queues are too long. Masters 5 would work. Thank you!

1. What a garbage blog just restating what the last post said.

2. These changes are a shameless attempt to lower the skill floor for new unskilled players to “feel” good at the game so they buy more overpriced cosmetics. And it’s all being disguised as “responding to community feedback.” Disgusting gaslighting from the devs continues.

3. The community should have been able to test these changes prior to the rank reset. Ptr and the experimental card existed for a reason. The absolute joke of a quickplay hacked mode should have been a trial of these ridiculous upcoming changes instead. You are setting the community up to be stuck in elo hell all over again when their placement matches are skewed by themselves or teammates not accustomed to the new core mechanics.

9 Likes

”Gold weapons are less appealing”
Adds a green tint and makes all comp points obsolete for a year :+1:
why

11 Likes

Tbh, they shouldn’t be Jade, they should be

Emerald.

3 Likes

Thank you for the update, looking forward to trying out the new changes!

2 Likes

You can stop pretending, we all know its you Aaron

6 Likes

they rework tanks, sell recolors for Coins, but can’t recolor golden weapons to look better…

“let’s ruin a great game”

DPS have anti, so it’s effectivity will be less impactful

:cry:

I thought that was DPS’s sort of job?

that’s actually sad

oh no

heh

Ruby would break the game, it be too fire

1 Like

Two wrongs don’t make a right

2 Likes

we need to stop acting like projectiles don’t already benefit from larger hitboxes, making them even bigger is also lowering the skill level there too. yes hitscan is naturally easier but I’m bored of this community acting like leading shots on projectiles is the epitome of raw skill

genuinely curious to who has said gold weapons are no longer appealing.
sure, players who already have all the ones they want would like something else to spend their comp points on. but taking away the ability for newer or lower ranking players to get golden weapons till the end of the year just isn’t it.

13 Likes

yes they do, if it’s harder to heal tanks, supports can ultimately just have less downtime to deal damage and have to heal more often…

How about Black Opal :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Speak for yourself, I think they look good

1 Like

black opal as in dark matter from COD?