Did They Just Nerf Bastion?

Are I reading this right? Did they just remove an animation-cancel?

3 Likes

I have no idea how it worked before, but just reading it… Looks like a buff to me.

1 Like

They optimized the resource meter and how it works, as well as removed an animation cancel, yes.

So it’s a nerf. They actually nerfed Bastion…

2 Likes

No they didn’t. He’s virtually no different.

That’s what I was wondering, it sounds like they put a delay between repairing and shooting.

They did. Normally there’s a .25 second ending lag before bastion is able to take actions after repair (for instance, repairing, then ulting; or reparing, then sentry mode). They made his primary fire no exception.

1 Like

It’s more of a buff than a nerf. The amount of self healing you’d waste for holding it a fraction of a second too long (or being topped off by a healer while self healing) led to him not having repairs when he needed it, the quarter of a second recovery time is negligible. I doubt you’ll notice it. You will however notice having more self repair.

Wooooow, so this was a priority ? Nerfing the worst hero of the game ? Quel est le sexe anal (what is the butt sexe) ?

Even if this isn’t actually a nerf, really ? That ?

Tell that to Rein mains still mad about losing our anim cancels. Every optimization matters and if this makes Bastion feel clunky or cost him a valuable kill, it very much matters. And the “extra self repair” just sounds like making Bastion easier for wasteful, mindless players.

They should’ve given him a bit more healing resource while they were at it.

It’s a buff to me. Bastion doesn’t consume resources which makes sense. I don’t know what the previous stats were for the second patch but it seems so minor at a quarter of a second.

If this also applies to tank form, I’m really disappointed. It will reduce the effectiveness of an already bad ultimate.

It does apply to tank form. If you continuously do it now, you get 1 LESS shot overall because doing repair 4 times wastes 1 WHOLE SECOND OF TIME.

Nerf was needed. Bastion is way too overpowered obviously. Meta pick in every rank

1 Like

Uh, no. That’s not true at all. If you look at Bastion’s pick rate it’s almost non-existent. He is not close to being meta.
Torb is used more in bunker comps than Bastion, not saying Torb needs to be nerfed I’m just saying.

To the people who actually think the worst hero in the game is OP,
git gud.
That is all.

r/woooosh

11characte

Dont worry I was being sarcastic

If anyone actually thinks Bastion is OP, they need to check themselves

1 Like

I made this, this is madness. Big nerf to tank mode.

1 Like

Yeah if I had to guess, it’s definitely 0.1-0.2 seconds slower compared to before. Honestly, if they had done this to any other hero, the forums would be in flames. It’s just adding jankiness that doesn’t need to be there.