Did something change recently with Player Delt Damage?

I could sware It worked when I first made the script, but now…idk what’s wrong…

For example;
Rule: Player Delt Damage

Action: Mod var A, Append to Array, Victim
Wait .06 (Restart when true

It used to add All the players who were affected by said damage, like for example if it’s the splash damage from a Pharah Rocket, Or a Lucio Boop, & you hit multiple targets, it would add ALL the targets that took damage…
But now, it’s only adding 2 out of the group… wtf changed recently in the workshop?

EDIT: by removing the Wait action, it’s adding all affected players now…BUT by setting the Restart When True part of the Wait action, It used to still work…idk y it’s not anymore…

Using Player Took Damage works, as damage will always be calculated individually for the victim, rather than attempted collectively for the attacker.

2 Likes

Using Player Took Damage triggers every time anyone takes damage, but will fail depending on the conditions set. Where as Player Delt Damage, you can specify the player dealing the damage via the drop down menu. With a specific player set in the Rule, the event won’t trigger unless That player deals damage. I used to have several Rules that were Player Took Damage, and rewrote all of them to work with a Player Delt Damage Rule. It actually helped out my server load quite a bit.

You can also specify which player only should take damage the drop down exists for any Player Event and both can be lead to expected results with appreciated condition checks more efficient, the last great recent update applied some changes in contextual interactions between global and player entity that may caused some troubles.

Generally, if you have a Wait action in your rule, it won’t be able to affect multiple players at once, since the Wait prevents the rule from running multiple times in one tick. Maybe Restart When True used to work differently though, I don’t know.

1 Like