Diassapointing echo nerf

Genji had something like this in the beginning. Didn’t last long.

I complained about the speed boost yesterday, it’s fun and it’s great but the problem is, you guys kept diving in by yourself and you slingshot so far ahead of me as Mercy I couldn’t keep up with Guardian Angel nor could any other support follow you and support you.

Then in typical DPS fashion you would cry and complain about not recieving heals.

2 Likes

I am glad it’s gone, she could basically yeet across the whole map while her cooldown was recharging, that was a bit hilarious.

2 Likes

I’d rather swap the beam’s low health damage buff with something else, maybe just slightly higher damage on it, and have back the mobility without needing to hold down the jump button to stay afloat

1 Like

There is nothing you can do to justify jumping from one spawn to another before the enemy even makes it through the first door on KOTH.

Don’t even try.

2 Likes

yeah same. I’d take movement over damage any day. I understand that the launch speed boost may be too much, I just wish that it existed in some form.

It’s not so much the launch speed boost I care about, it’s having to hold the jump button to glide that annoys me. It makes it difficult to attack and move while I have to hold a button the whole time.

1 Like

There is still tech in her flight canceling. From the training mode where the 250 health pack is you can fly above the 3rd floor ally bot’s head with the proper animation cancel because you still maintain some vertical momentum slingshot compared to the horizontal you got as well.

If you cancel after the boost you cancel her flight, get no momentum, and will not reach the 3rd floor.

1 Like

Good news for you! They added a toggle button for that. Hop on ptr and try it out.

The problem is that not only was it not really “advanced” (it was super easy to do, more so than the other things you listed which aren’t exactly hard in their own rights) but most of the fun from it was precisely because of how broken it was. Of course people enjoyed flying across the entire map in 5 seconds and bursting people down from behind. Thst doesn’t mean it was balanced or good for the game.

1 Like

Her DPS and TTK are in one word: Unmanageable. There is little to nothing you can do besides kill her to stop her from deleting someone right now and even then many characters cannot manage this before she gets rid of her target.

Yes this takes skill and one might compare it to widows one shots in terms of skill to value reward… but I didn’t expect they were going to let the patriot missle DPS also keep game breaking mobility AND no way to keep her from using her ult on her choice of enemy characters.

Everything I experience while trying her is telling me that skilled players are going to make her an absolute must pick if she goes live as-is.

The more I looked at all this, the more I realized that the hold to glide thing was always there… I’m guessing it’s the super jump that lets people, glide around and attack… I guess that makes more sense, kind of.

1 Like

it just allows her to reach locations she shouldn’t be able too for survivability she shouldn’t have

Thinking about it, maybe Echo should be considered a flanking character like Reaper. Use the jump to get around enemies and then use the bombs and beams to devastate opponents. From how everyone was playing her, I assumed it was a frontal assault from above character. But now I can see that isn’t happening.

1 Like

Yeah, I personally think her beam is seriously scary on an already overblown kit, she has 3 abilities that are pure ways to do damage in different ways.

1 Like

Mercy superjump was not removed because it add more skill to the hero and players will need to learn and practice to pull a good play with Mercy (im not saying she takes no skill to play)

Echo superglide is stronger than Mercy superjump, it literally turns her into a flying mosquito for the duration, while superjump only boost Mercy up into the air. I can see why it got removed.

1 Like

Focusing beam and extra life during ult are the nerfs she really needs.

1 Like

The funny thing is people are just throwing it out and not even using it when enemies are under 50%. I don’t think they understand she does more damage than a fully charged Zarya when people are under half. That’s really hard to heal through.

2 Likes

They needed to nerf her mobility quick, honestly. Because it feels worse the more people got used to the old mobility.

1 Like

Yeah i guess they just really didnt want it. Probably best they took away our toy before we had it for too long