Diamond to Gold

MMR is rigged, if you have an account with tons of hours it’s harder to climb on then a new account.

I’ve noticed they added MMR back, for the last couple seasons. Before that it seemed to base more off of rank. Honestly the matchmaking was better when they put diamonds with gms, those games were way easier than whatever the hell matchmaking is now.

3 Likes

They’re not far off. I’ve always had trash teammates in OW1 when people are chilling on weekends and kids are home. Usually the better teammates are the adult gamers with no jobs who are home during the day lel. Those are the full-time gamers.

2 Likes

If this is how engagement based matchmaking works, it sure ain’t making me play more. I haven’t played comp for 2 weeks because of the unbalanced matchmaker at the start of S5. I’m only intending to come back once it returns to the way it was back in S4. And this is being generous, since S4 matchmaking wasn’t that amazing either.

To be fair, I think the matchmaker quality is region dependent as well. I’m still finding the games to be much easier to win whenever I use VPN and hop onto NA server. But whenever I go back to my own server (oceanic region), I only get brutal matchmaking experience.

2 Likes

If you really are a diamond player in a gold lobby you shouldn’t have the most damage. your whole team is going to spend the entire game shooting at a pocketed tank and you would be going off killing 200 hp DPS and supports. and by the time you kill half of their team (since you should be able to take even 2v1s if you really are that much better) your team will have farmed 600 dmg each off the tank who has a Bap and ana pumping them full of heals. and you will have dealt 100-200 per pick depending on if you started fresh or hit someone that your team forgot about because they have the object permanence of a rutabaga.

Oh oce is brutal low population and tryhards I used to server hop sometime back a bit.

Though not as tough as korean servers.

Eu is more balanced I think.

NA is more chill and you will find people in comms often.

1 Like

I’m a diamond tank and just had a support tell me I’m bad because I don’t 1v1 zarya on front line as Winston.

This is what’s going on Exposing Blizzards Boosting

The sad truth is there is no competitive system anymore. It’s quick play pretending to be competitive. Half the community was boosted in season 3 and or 4. Every ranked game is a mix of bronze though gm in actual skill representation. Streamers notice it and many have quit because of it. I’ve watched GM Ana’s try to dodge widow shots by jumping… literal gold level plays. Every game is just a totally toss up, there’s at least twice the amount of unwinnable games than OW1 ranked had. It’s become a complete waste of time if you’re a solo queuer. OW2 ranked is only fun for stacks because they can bypass the garbage matchmaking.

Until we see dps queues at 10+ minutes, matchmaking is still a joke and the game is not worth your time. It’s impossible to have competitive matchmaking in role lock without long queues.

Yeah… its gotten so bad I’m now playing valorant and I hate that game lol but I am trying to improve so I can enjoy it. Riot is honestly now what blizzard used to be. They make some of the best e sports, great balance teams, and have a ton of competitive integrity. I’m just sick of the casual OW2 game that pretends to have a ranked system and a balance team that pulls ideas out of a hat every patch.

1 Like

It’s not a skill issue when the “competitive” mode puts literal bronze players in diamond games. That’s a matchmaking issue. Anyone who actually plays competitive games laughs at overwatch 2. It’s a complete joke. The only people that think it’s competitive is low IQ overwatch players that can’t do math cause if you could you would see that in seasons 3 and 4 half the community moved from silver/gold to diamond/masters with 20% win rates. You might also realize it’s impossible to have competitive matchmaking without 10+ minute queues in role lock.

Imagine believing blizzard made comp queues go from 15 minute tank queues, 5 minute dps queues, and 1 minute supp queues to 1 min across the board while retaining competitive matchmaking LOL

And of course only you are paired with Silver and Bronze players. The enemy team is stacked full with Diamonds.

Right :upside_down_face:

All you’re proving is that you belong in metal with how important you think stats are :melting_face:

1 Like

It is because those “literal bronze players” would also be in the enemy team.

Unless you, just like OP, are trying to say that you are special and Bobby has put you into the “bad noodles”-list, where only you get the low ranks and the enemy team gets the T500 players :upside_down_face:

You can say MM is bad and not fun, but if you’re dropping whole ranks that’s a skill issue.

1 Like

Are you grouping with anyone?

If yes, then perhaps drop these people and see how the matches goes without them.

I once went from High diamond all the way down to mid gold within a couple days because my friend wanted his friends to join and I was stupid and didn’t leave and go solo after the first 4 loss lol. This was some years ago though, but I learned my lesson real good lol.

1 Like

Can you post the replay codes?

1 Like

Are you even playing the game, they managed to nuke replays as well.

Was missing you :disappointed:

Nowhere near as much. I’ll sometimes play some quickplay but only if friends want to group. Other than that I’ll occasionally turn my brain off and play comp on an alt.

Understandable.

2 Likes

This is irrelevant. The point is, a competitive mode is supposed to put people of equal skill into a game together. OW2 does not do that. Not even close. The skill gaps are all over the place. That is not a competitive game mode, but it pretends to be one. When you have a system that pretends to be something it’s not, guess what? It doesn’t work.

No. The large majority of wins in comp are so ez you could play like absolute garbage and still win. The large majority of losses are so unwinnable that you could play your best game and still lose. Roughly 15% of games are actually close and since wins and losses are the only thing that effects your rank, your SKILL impacts roughly 15% of your rank, the other 85% is impacted by LUCK.

I’ve played overwatch competitively since 2017. OW1 had bare minimum acceptable competitive matchmaking, you make it any worse and the whole system falls apart…and they did, majorly. Any valorant or cs player would just laugh at the garbage you’re spewing here lol. OW2 is the most casual “competitive” game in existence. The comp system means absolutely nothing. It’s there to make stupid people feel good about themselves so they buy skins.

Anything else you want to bring up that has nothing to do with what I’m saying? Weather, maybe? Politics? Latest events in the stock market? Thoughts on social media?

If you drop 2 ranks like OP did, that’s a skill issue.

Same here. I was hoping to reach masters but got placed in gold and now due to 1 sided games, means one team always has best dps and the other has beginner type dps and due to this awful matchmaking, I’m now permanently stuck here.

pretty sure gold=lame

man i wish i can drop to gold as well

OCE after mid-night is basically a dice roll, you literally don’t have any agency in the game and it’s basically the matchmaker deciding which team wins/loses. During peak-hours, it isn’t as unbalanced but at the start of S5, it was pretty bad. Matchmaker seems to be decent now, but only when I play during peak-hours.

Matchmaker this season starts becoming pretty bad even as early as 10:00pm. Whereas before, it didn’t become bad until after 1:00am. I guess this is a sign that our region is bleeding more playerbase.

Also in OW2, I often have hard time distinguishing between quickplay and ranked regarding matchmaker quality. Back in OW1, you could easily tell what game was comp and what game was quickplay just by looking. But in OW2, if nobody told you and you had to guess, I bet a lot of people will have hard time getting it right.

Regarding korean server being more brutal than oceanic server, I believe it. I’ve heard many horror stories of how tough the games are in korea. I might try it some day to experience it myself.

1 Like