Diamond Portraits?

I’m watching Emongg’s stream right now, and he’s talking with Geoff Goodman about anything and everything. Geoff just mentioned that they had just released diamond portraits (the current max is platinum) and he said they’re on the PTR.

I know there aren’t a lot of people who actually are at max level, but if anyone is, and they’ve logged into the PTR, could you post a screenshot? I’d love to see what the new portrait border looks like!

Edit: Was just googling a bit and came across a reddit post with this image.

The post is from a year ago, so I’m not sure if it was just never added to the game for some reason… but it looks pretty legitimate (and cool, IMO).

Edit #2: Beliyal saw this on the PTR, so it looks like diamond portraits are in fact coming soon!

4 Likes

The only person I know off the top of my head that would have this is TreeboyDave

2 Likes

Xqc is max level, he’ll probably go on the ptr.

1 Like

what even is the highest level?

There’s not really a “max level” because you continue to level up and earn lootboxes indefinitely, it’s just that you don’t have anything above the five star platinum portrait border.

2 Likes

I am hoping they are adding more past diamond, but I’m glad there is a border past Plat before I reached level 2400.

1 Like

Yeah, obviously this kind of thing only matters for a very small part of the community, but I think it’s kinda lame how there have been some people stuck at the highest portrait border for a while now.

I wonder if they’re going to keep going with the current trend and create a “masters” or “grandmasters” border portrait. I’m not sure what would happen after those, too.

They will create a blackhole which leads to the great old ones and then we are in trouble.

2 Likes

Hey OP, this is what I saw yesterday on the PTR so it’s legit and it will hit live soon!

1 Like

Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for, and damn does it look good.

Much appreciated.

1 Like

The main reason I don’t buy a second account like a lot of people do, is because having a high level border is a personal goal and I started to wonder how I would feel reaching max (border) level.

Now I feel like even playing more. Borders after diamond could be different gem colors, but they have 6 months before I could max out diamond border. :smiley:

That just looks like the normal plat border. It should be all diamond like the icon not plat and gold

They should start over with the whole border thing. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to gain and lose stars and borders over and over.

It has an added bluish tint and a more pronounced glow than the plat border, IMO.

I think it looks pretty neat.

1 Like

It’s underwhelming, why is ‘diamond’ mostly plat and gold, makes no sense. I don’t like the current two tone plat border either, and I think the stars on accounts look bad

Pretty cool-looking. Though imo, there should be no gold. The portrait should just be silver and have the blue glowy effect, like the diamond rank. As it is it’s barely different from the plat border.

I saw a diamond portrait yesterday. Can’t post images or I’d put in the screenie.

Ok now increase the amount of xp we get so I have a chance of getting this in my lifetime lol.

The current world’s highest level, and actually quite a few people are already beyond what would be the grandmaster 5 star border. If they added some sort of border customisation at some point that could be nice, even just as a placeholder while they think of new borders.

1 Like

Confession: I don’t know the difference between a silver and a plat boarder.

I have a friend who has been a Platinum 5-star for nearly a year. He’s been 0 to 100 over and over. He definitely needs a new portrait.

In summary, he plays way the hell too much.

2 Likes