Devs why bandage instead of cure problems?

Time = payout
Why bandage stuff only to waste that time by having to bandage it again later?
Take the extra bit of time to CURE the problems. That way your time isnt wasted.

The games 1st big issue was multiple of same hero.
You CURED that by limiting to 1 copy.

When 4 dps comps were issue…you CURED that with 2-2-2.

Since then? You went from being a doctor that cures issues to a drug store that bandages problems that just need more bandages later.

• Mass rez was 2nd big issue you bandaged instead of fixed.

Bandage 1 was god mode (legit worst possible choice btw) …which then led to another in that hide and rez’s fix was a rework.

Rather than curing the issue by changing how the system works to prevent that type of game play you did the rework that led to a near yr of more and more bandages.

• Double barrier is another issue you bandage instead of cure.

Until you cure that (as in limiting 1 barrier tank per side) you keep wasting time on nerfing them, buffing them, and nerfing them again.

IMHO tanks need split up to actual tanks (who block stuff primarily) and tanks who are just bulky and have utility/dps as their key points. (But this isnt part of my thread just my view on that so ignore it)

• Dmg boost is the current “hot” topic you seem to bandage.

Zen is THE most balanced hero (most balanced…not perfectly balanced there IS a difference) in the game with the LEAST changes across every hero in game (to point newer heroes have more changes than he has).
healer you pick for more offensive team comps.
Low ST heals, great utility in singling out enemy, and good multitasking, with no mobility.

Zen and Mercy share the only non ult damage boosting in game however they are implemented differently.

Mercy is ST (non ult) and cant do anythign except that.
Zen is ST too but enemy based and benefit entire team including himself.

Damage boost, for the majority of games life, was not an issue. (funny right?)

Can dmg boost have comps that excel with it? Of course…this is a TEAM game.

Let us quote the zen discord nerf reason:

“over performing in some team comps”
so where were the dmg boost nerfs instead of the dps that made it over performing in past?

Remember recent Ashe nerf ? The reasoning was:

Ashe being able to eliminate 200 health enemy heroes with one headshot while assisted by 30% damage boost became too dominant, especially when combined with the other improvements to her weapon. We are lowering the maximum damage but also the shot recovery time to keep her overall damage output relatively the same.

Should we also look at how pharah/cree/etc also benefits greatly from dmg boost? All of which havent been touched in past nor has dmg boost on them? (i mean the hate pharmercy has been a thing for 3+ yrs now right?)

Nerfing ashe for benefiting from dmg boost bit over a week ago…and now nerfing zen’s dmg boost while leaving Mercy’s untouched might I add (I AM a mercy main and find singling out zen on this nerf is stupid because dmg boosting isn’t the actual issue its how system works around it) is dumb.

Bandaging zen’s dmg boost after nerfing ashes dmg based on his old boost dmg means shes weaker than intended. (still good pick but its used here to show how bandages effect other bandages)

Bandages on top of bandages is NOT going to cure the games issues.

CURE the system that allows these issues and stop wasting time on temporary bandages.

want to know past examples you could of done to cure issues instead of wasting time on bandaging them? (these are just 1 way not only way)

• as stated before limiting tanks and re categorizing them would cure double barrier from ever happening again allowing you to re-balance barriers as you’d never have 2 of em making it extremely hard to kill enemies.

• mass rez’s hide and seek could easily of been un godmoded, add dmg reduction during cast (liek hog’s heal does), and when she is at >95% ult if she doesnt heal/boost/deal dmg/take dmg in x amount of seconds it decays down to 95% ult…preventing hide and rez from ever being a thing AND changing system to not reward SR based on it (which ironically you did change later)

*dmg boosting can be fixed on system side very easily.
Stop double double dipping of bonus dmg involving head shot (crits) and boost. (so it only takes w/e would be the higher bonus).
This way it more benefits less accurate dps and heroes who have better choice of hitting head less.

heck you could even make it more severe and just dont let it boost dmg from shots that deal >x amount of dmg. (so it wouldn’t benefit a strong dmg shots liek a widow but still benefit someone like S76 who has weaker individual shots)

TL;DR Cure the core issues and stop wasting time/effort bandaging stuff that will still becoem an issue again

Pretty sure most ppl would be fine with slower balance patches IF they actually fixed the issue long term.

1 Like

I would hate this kind of limitation, and thats coming from someone who doesn’t mind 2-2-2 at all.

Can you imagine having a ball on your team being useless and then the 2nd tank can’t pick another main tank? It would suck.
Not to mention if you’re the second tank to pick your hero, like half the tank choices in the game would be gone. Two different tank queues? Queue times would be even more of a mess.

1 Like

I don’t quite understand why you put Ashe in here but ok

For zen at least I assume it’s cos Mercy only buffs a single person that she’s next to, while Zen buffs all the damage done to someone and only needs line of sight :thinking: