Devs, Thank you so much for the ball nerf

Dude has 6 mins on ball, and 59.74 players knocked back average per 10 minutes.

He literally switches to ball just to spin around the point

Strongest display of projection I’ve ever seen roflmao

4 Likes

One match on an alt account is enough to judge someone lol. Yeah git gud.

you don’t need a CC hero to get rid of a spinning ball though

he would die pretty fast from a few players shooting at him

i guess no one can aim in bronze league though

3 Likes

Someone’s a bad ball…

3 Likes

Right so low ranked players would be forced back to cc based heroes again.

I mean I’m alway happy to see new Mei players, but I’ll don’t think restricting the playervase to mei sombra mccree brig ana etc is a good plan

This thread is the very definition of irony

2 Likes

Your little sister teach you that phrase?

Lost the argument so reverting to insults now? No counter-argument so using the tired, old faithful “mad cuz bad”

You can stop with the projection. Everyone already can see you are just trying to accuse others of what you are guilty of being.

2 Likes

finally a reasonable voice in here instead of " no hur dur ur opinion is only this way cuz low mmr hurdur"
this was a good change.
id say if anything could have been changed instead of this, would be the cooldown on shield when spinning
sure you can stun, infact the entire game is chock full of CC. but balls health is huge and takes several ppl to kill him. after multiple stuns.

2 Likes

oh no

he takes several people to kill so we should nerf his shields too

every other tank has either a shield or ability to shield team mates from damage… hog has a full heal ability… ball has none of that… ball is just a strong CC hero

and you think we should take away his ability to CC because you cant aim?

sad

game clearly has to cater to people who are unwilling to aim in an FPS

2 Likes

something something just kill or stun the mercy something

Your comments raging about it mean nothing. I’m literally here praising the devs for a job well done while you guys are mad because you can’t attempt to abuse a broken mechanic anymore. Frikkin sad.

For those against the change: what legitimate strategies does this eliminate?

As far as I know it only eliminates:

• spinning around a point to stall
  • Attempting to hide in unexpected locations

As far as I know, there aren’t high level play strategies that require using the grapple for over 6 seconds.

1 Like

This was a problem to fix?

Crappy Ball players and who made poor attempts at stalling was something that was a concern that needed to be addressed with out testing it out first to see if there would be any other side effects from such a change?

1 Like

Honestly I don’t see much difference. How often are you grappled for more than 6 seconds when not trying to spin to stall?

Indeed this would be a better way of doing this. You lower adaptive shields coolodown time slightly, and make it so it can’t start isn’t cooldown until grapple is disengaged.

I agree with this nerf the most out of all of them, and fint it amusing that the counter argument is “yOu CaN’t HiT BaLl LoL”.

Many people don’t like to switch to hard counters to stop Ball from spinning, even in diamond. With adaptive shields, and heals coming in to help out ball, they are able to inflate match time to 2+ more minutes. And teams don’t always work together to take out ball. Good luck getting one off point when at gold and below.

I believe this changes raises the skill floor. A good ball will still be able to stall, still be able to get value, and still be able to get eliminations with only a 6 second grapple. I’ve seen many balls that are able to give the enemy team a hard time because they knew how to isolate and eliminate enemy DPS and healers.

While it didn’t happen every other game, spin to win happened often enough to be an issue. Those that are complaining are just upset that their low-effort, low-skill win strategy is gone, and don’t want to learn ACTUAL techs and skill Ball can employ.

2 Likes

Hey. Your named after the best way to stop a spinning ball, and you know as well as I do this change isn’t going to stop people from picking ball on your team; its only going to make them even worse. Would you mind personally PMing me when you make your next thread about ball so I can explain this to you again?

2 Likes

The devs said they wanted the game to involve switching to help in the scenario, so everyone who doesn’t like that is literally the wrong ones. Could you imagine if someone played pokemon and told you “Why’s the water type beating my fire type? Type matchups suck, nerf all of the water types so that I don’t have to swap my pokemon!”? Would you think they have a point?

1 Like

I guess the same argument can be made for, why keep it in if it’s not a big deal?

2 Likes

And thats the problem with deleting infinite grapple. You can easily punish a spin to win player. Now? Not at all.