Devs. Tell us WHAT IS HAPPENING!

This may be the answer you are looking for:

21 Likes

This was nearly a month ago, and none of the information here was particularly specific or revolutionary. The tl;dr of that post is “We’re working on the same things we’ve been working on, and we’ve got a few secret things up our sleeves, but we can’t tell you anything about them.”

In short, it tells us nothing new or specific about what Blizzard is doing or plans to do in the near future.

73 Likes

True, but the point is they are working on new core content for the game. Granted, they don’t like revealing secrets until they are ready, but they have learned from experience to not spoil anything until it is ready (no matter how torturous it is for us).

6 Likes

Again–much of that “new core content” is stuff we’ve been getting. Which, that’s fine, I have no inherent criticism of them continuing to add more of the same, but that doesn’t change that Jeff’s post basically didn’t communicate anything meaningful. We already know they have been, are, and will likely will continue to work on new heroes, balance, new modes, etc etc etc. Until they announce otherwise, that is kinda the expectation of them as the game’s developers.

Ostensibly they’re working on something else new, but it’s “top secret,” which means that we have absolutely no indication as to how large or meaningful these additions will be, or how soon we can expect these additions in the game. Again, not really communicating anything meaningful there–it’s a nebulous promise meant to built hype over something that could be as small as “an extra training bot in the Training Arena” or as large as “here’s 40 new heroes in one patch.” We don’t know.

It’s a distraction from the overarching point that nothing of any real value was communicated in Jeff’s post.

If you want a better example of specific communication, take Geoff’s statement that they have no immediate plans to rework any heroes, but that the next hero for a rework would probably be Bastion. That’s still not as specific as it could have been, but it’s much better than Jeff’s post. It provides meaningful communication that the devs are looking at Bastion and understanding that he’s got inherent kit problems that they’re possibly going to try to resolve. But, also, that was on a stream, which isn’t necessarily the best platform for communication if the intent is to communicate with the community at large.

10 Likes
3 Likes

whatchu talking about he gave us a list of the stuff they’re working on

1 Like

Jeff said in an interview that what the team is working on is gonna make us say “Oh, so that’s what they were doing.” or something like that. Be patient. The holidays are over. I’m sure they’ll update us about something soon.

5 Likes

i want the dev team to look me in the eye and say “doomfist works and is viable”

5 Likes

What i’m waiting for is Jeff to change QP “Quick Play” to Quality Play

unfortunately its been the trend of blizzard lately to put money over quality

So, a lot is just unknown stuff because they dont wona talk about it. THAT REALY HELP. And remember, they say it is just sample of what they working on, rest is even bigger secret!

It dont sound like something positive for 100% you know…

1 Like

I like how it does not sound that exiting.
Tbh it could be super hype or super whatever what they’re working on…

i’ll tell you whats happening, Activision Blizzard lost 40% of its value in a few months. Shareholders are asking where is their money…devs are getting fired, they won’t talk to us, we are not whats important, shareholders are.
So what they are doing now, is trying to make money, after the sale ends, you can expect some microtransaction incentives in all of blizzard games.
You will not be communicated with, you are here just to be milked for money and remember , it’s never enough money for them, never. Speak with your wallet when the time comes, which is soon.

16 Likes

Truth bomb right there. Oof.

2 Likes

Super secret battle royale mode and f2p model exactly like cs:go. I mean cs:go did it, I don’t see why Activision wouldn’t.

Did the hat change from 2017 or is the 2019 hat a new player icon :o

they are doing a “great” job…
i know its not related to devs directly - i am talking about how blizz works now

• i am waiting for 46 days now for shipment of stuff i bought on gear store (and support have NO info on situation)
  • they are censoring twitch chat (or activision is sharing BN account info of their users with amazon)
  • zero communication (propably ordered by corpored higher-ups)
  • D immortal situation
  • end of HOTS
  • WOW BfA problems
    etc. etc. etc.etc.

simply this happens when ‘money people’ push to the stage (under the train) diablo developers and tell them to announce to us what they want to sell us

this happens when they rush WOW expansion with not finished/tested end game content

this happens with chat when PR is going against total and overwhelming majority of their own customers

this is what happens when money and PR deicdes for developers how to run things

they are disconnected from playerbase and act only on their own premises

4 Likes

You want the devs attention and you can’t hold back your frustration and you start calling things they very likely worked hard on “useless”

Please try to act more like a mature person if you want the devs to consider your post.

IMO we should just ask to hear some of their plans, if for some reason you are still hoping events in their current state will get refreshed i fear you should not hold your breath.

I want to know about the upcoming social features and if they are considering any after game stats for review and a role Q since they spoke about it last time.

1 Like

not helpful

Is this an out of season April fools joke?

hope they’re good

Well that’s expected if they weren’t doing that I’d be pretty worried.

why even bother mentioning it then

such a vague statement it could mean many things

probably new skins for the upcoming anniversary

even less helpful

13 Likes

Or simply he wants to say that they have nothing xd

3 Likes

Welp, im fine with all those statements like telling that they work on stuff like hero balance, new game mode, or new hero.

Problem is that this is exacly how they should announce ther secret stuff. “We work on something we cant talk much about, but this is connected to (…)” or something like that insted of “it’s top secret stuff just wait for it”. Is it realy so hard to do?