Devs. Tell us WHAT IS HAPPENING!

Truth bomb right there. Oof.

2 Likes

Super secret battle royale mode and f2p model exactly like cs:go. I mean cs:go did it, I don’t see why Activision wouldn’t.

Did the hat change from 2017 or is the 2019 hat a new player icon :o

they are doing a “great” job…
i know its not related to devs directly - i am talking about how blizz works now

• i am waiting for 46 days now for shipment of stuff i bought on gear store (and support have NO info on situation)
  • they are censoring twitch chat (or activision is sharing BN account info of their users with amazon)
  • zero communication (propably ordered by corpored higher-ups)
  • D immortal situation
  • end of HOTS
  • WOW BfA problems
    etc. etc. etc.etc.

simply this happens when ‘money people’ push to the stage (under the train) diablo developers and tell them to announce to us what they want to sell us

this happens when they rush WOW expansion with not finished/tested end game content

this happens with chat when PR is going against total and overwhelming majority of their own customers

this is what happens when money and PR deicdes for developers how to run things

they are disconnected from playerbase and act only on their own premises

4 Likes

You want the devs attention and you can’t hold back your frustration and you start calling things they very likely worked hard on “useless”

Please try to act more like a mature person if you want the devs to consider your post.

IMO we should just ask to hear some of their plans, if for some reason you are still hoping events in their current state will get refreshed i fear you should not hold your breath.

I want to know about the upcoming social features and if they are considering any after game stats for review and a role Q since they spoke about it last time.

1 Like

not helpful

Is this an out of season April fools joke?

hope they’re good

Well that’s expected if they weren’t doing that I’d be pretty worried.

why even bother mentioning it then

such a vague statement it could mean many things

probably new skins for the upcoming anniversary

even less helpful

13 Likes

Or simply he wants to say that they have nothing xd

3 Likes

Welp, im fine with all those statements like telling that they work on stuff like hero balance, new game mode, or new hero.

Problem is that this is exacly how they should announce ther secret stuff. “We work on something we cant talk much about, but this is connected to (…)” or something like that insted of “it’s top secret stuff just wait for it”. Is it realy so hard to do?

Even the last few developer updates are probably ones that has the least amount of information.

2 Likes

hey guys its just about OVerwatch free to play, see you in next DEV update.

I’d really love an update on upcoming balance changes, especially for Doom who is seriously struggling right now… maybe for Junk and Pharah as well so we see less GOATS.

hahahahahahaha blizzard memes

1 Like

they’re on vacation no one is monitoring the forums

You’re right about the dead state of the game, but the last balanced patch they made is the only good thing they done in the whole year, be rational once.
For the guy here above saying “they’re in vacation”, well seems they are in vacation 10 months out 12. Good to know who they are on vacation the whole month of december plus this days on january, come on, not even you believe at what you’ve writed.
Content state, this game is dead. 3 uninspired and broken new hero in 365 days it’s the barely minimum they can do, for sure i’m not investing more money in this game. No content > No money > Game dead. Outsorced skins aren’t new material for the game.

1 Like

The attempt in this post is to say “top secret” over and over as if this means something big or impactful. “Top Secret” could be just meaning we aren’t ready to discuss or reveal character 30 in play, or a new brand of cereal after Lucio-Oh’s… AFAIK it’s nothing but filler to say we aren’t doing much meaningful except maybe the cross-game clan system… that’s about it.

5 Likes

Im starting to wonder if all this “top secter” stuff is just air. You can basically make a list of things you are doing, label everything as “top secret” to keep people happy and waiting for next couple of months, and then just lay back and watch some Netflix.

Im not saying there surely is no top secret stuff in developement… Im just getting bit cynical by now.

7 Likes

People seem to be missing the forests for the trees right now. The bigger problem brought up by the OP, is the disconnect between the current Overwatch active playerbase, and what the OW team is communicating. It actually seen in Jeff’s last post:

Hey… sorry! We don’t like being silent… that’s not our intention. we’ve been trying to show up more on various streams (we have our creator’s residency now here at Blizzard where streamers hang out with us) plus we did a bunch of streams at Blizzcon. maybe you missed those?

This for me brought up major red flags on the state of things, because it’s clear that what the team is expecting from communication wise for the player base, and what the player base is expecting communication wise from the Overwatch team, is entirely different. There’s no good ONE resource to know where these Streams are. Sure, it could end up propogating through other channels and twitch streamers, but how is an average overwatch player supposed to find these streams where this information is? When there’s hundred, if not thousands of personalities out there?

That’s the core issue right now: It all comes back to the communication aspect, and there’s a TON of problems with it right now. There’s no resource to know where this information is. Sometimes it’s on reddit. Sometimes it’s on a stream. Sometimes its here. It’s wildly inconsistent, it’s all over the place, and a player who literally tries to go out to figure what the state of the game is has no idea where to specifically look.

This is what a dedicated community manager, or a team, is designed for. Someone who knows communications, someone who knows how to get the message across. Let me ask Blizzard: why aren’t all streams that devs on linked or retweeted by the PlayOverwatch account? Why isn’t there a megathread here to point to upcoming appearances or any dev interaction? Why hasn’t a Q+A be held with the community to help with the issues that people are sseeing and to calm things. This is several of the functions that a dedicated community manager would be working with. Coordinating with key members, posting in the right places, and making sure the player base knows.

What should be disturbing here is the fact that this hasn’t been a new problem. This has been a problem for a good year and a half now. And you’d think with something like OWL: Something requiring coordination and getting people to actually look at the product, you’d have this issue sorted out. I mean, if the direction of the OW team has been to promote OWL for the last several months…you think that’d be one of the first moves. It’s literally about getting eyes on the product and communication out there.

That’s why I suggest that those like the OP take a step back and look at other games, while looking at the forums and keeping track of what the state of the community is. This problem isn’t going away, and while I love the base concept and design of Overwatch, you’ll drive yourself crazy waiting for that communication that isn’t seemingly coming. Push it when you can of course, but I’d suggest to focus on other experiences for the time being. Hopefully, Activision can get their head out of the clouds and realize what makes esports games successful and to grow is of course a good game, but communication and coordination is what makes a game be taken to the next level.

13 Likes

They’re working on top secret stuff that Jeff Kaplan isn’t supposed to talk about.

I can’t really remember when I wasn’t disappointed by a developer post last time. I’m frankly quite happy they aren’t posting. It is actually a little more peaceful on the forums without them, however unlikely that may sound.

1 Like

I believe hero balance is in a better place than the forums state, so I agree with that.

I hope I speak for everyone when I say, there is too much secrecy! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like