DEVS Please Respond - Give Rein Quick Melee!

Can Rein please be given a quick melee like all the other heroes? Just an elbow to the face or a tap with the bottom of his hammer.

Please!!

Mod edit: Calling out individual developers or the development team in your title or post is against our forum guidelines. Doing this may result in a temporary suspension of forum posting privileges. Please focus on discussion of the feedback/suggestion in your thread.

10 Likes

Sounds more like a buff to his dps instead, it would be like Genji weaving quick melee with every swing in between

I wouldn’t say he needs a quick meele in generel, since he is a meele hero with a huge hammer.

But from your quickmeele idea, i got an other similar idea.
The biggest handycap he has, is the fact that he is technically useless and self-defenseless when he is holding up his shield. And let’s face it, most of the time, team mates are not able to protect you from being shot in the back by a Tracer, Reaper…

So because he is holding up his shield with his left hand gauntlet, he could have an ability which would work like the one of Brigitte’s.
If you are holding up the shield, you could press LM to punch the person aproaching you with the end of your hammer. Similar to a quickmeele.

4 Likes

It’s just the same melee every other hero has in between primary fires - a 30 damage hit that Rein can do instead of swinging.

Seems reasonable to me >.<

1 Like

It is a buff to his damage output no matter how you put it. Quick melees are swift and short, being able to do it in between hammer swings will increase the overall damage done

1 Like

In my head doing a quick melee instead of swinging reduces his rate of primary fire (swing), which does more damage than a quick melee.

It would just need to work so he is doing a quick melee instead of a swing, which is lower damage output overall, but may be more valuable in certain situations where the enemy is low health.

It’s a this - or - that scenario. I wouldn’t expect it to be exactly the same as other DPS, like Genji or McCree, since Rein’s hammer swing is so slow.

2 Likes

It makes no sense that Reinhardt is the one character who gets no option to quick melee. This is a simple and fair way to increase his consistency with the remainder of the cast.

Come on Jeff! At least tell us why he can’t have it =[

No, instead it should be a headbutt that stuns them briefly.

Why not just high five the enemy with his sheild? Would it be too much of a Bridgette clone?

I agree, it’s always felt odd that he doesn’t have one. I understand it’s because he’s a melee character (Brigitte doesn’t have one either), but it would be more fair to include it.

I think giving rein the option of a slightly faster burst of damage at the expense of his higher sustained damage would increase his gameplay and outplay potential.
The melee has a shorter range/AoE, so it would really only be useful on single targets, and it could easily be timed so that the delay before his next swing counteracts the burst damage.

This should also be available for Brigitte.

1 Like

If the ability would work exactly the same way as of Brigitte’s, then sadly yes, it would be only a clone. (I wouldn’t care much but the people would start to complain…that’s where I’m sure ) But adding a little bit of difference, like using his elbow or the hammer, or even give the shield an ability to damage the attacker…that would add some kit to Rein.

As rein you NEED to turn to face your greatest threat, sheild up