Devs: Look In To The Losing Streaks

Streaks will happen in both directions, but the more active you are in your game the less long they will be as you will ‘outweigh’ those random factors.

One of the reasons they appear more obvious in the game is due to the conscious decision of the dev team to use teams of 6.

With 6 players per team the death of an individual player doesn’t have as much impact as it does in 5 or less. You could claim the same for any number and all those below it, but I believe 6 was chosen exactly for this reason as team fights would snowball that much quicker with less.

I guess if you can overcome that conscious/sub-conscious tourist feeling (ie the game is taking you for a ride instead of you dictating the outcome) you will find the streaks won’t last as long.

I know for myself my streaks downward don’t last longer than 3 matches anymore and I am steadily on the rise. It is hard knowing that the outcome is on you and despite many of my forum posts I do struggle with this on occasion because it is disheartening to know you lost because of a key misplay, but is is the only way to get better and reduce the ‘streakiness’ of the game.

1 Like

What can I say, when someone feels that he’s better than someone else, he always makes bad predictions

the best games I’ve had were games I lost, how is that for a bad prediction haha, know it all, know it all

Yet you make posts like these: This game is toxicity juice, 100% blizzard made. You keep looking for something to blame, I think the ideal scenario for you is to play with clones of yourself. That way you would feel everything is fair and you might notice a more consistent trend you so desperately want.

3 Likes

are you blind or something? I have no idea why you defend this game so much, maybe you should read all the thread titles in the forum, there are issues. Issues that aren’t addressed and they are long overdue. Look at the brigitte fiasco, at the many reworks, what are those?

I know there are issues. I am only defending that there is no “RiGGeD MaTchMakIng keEping mE in TrAsH Tier”. The game is not forcing you to lose, you lose cause you played bad/ team didn’t work out/ you played with people that got better and was climbing.

3 Likes

This, among everything Blizzard has ever said about Competitive matchmaking, is compiled in the References section of this topic:

1 Like

Its not a bug, its you being higher than you belong after lucky win streak and cast down after luck ran out.

Can you record and show us this unwinnable loss streak
I would honestly like to see that because i never seen anything like that. I am just constantly reading about it on bn forum. But nobody recorded that.

Maybe that would change my mind about this thing.

4 Likes

the matchmaker is not why you are losing and hardstuck, its your skill so Git Gud

If true, that’s call RIGGED.

The matchmaker shouldn’t be deciding anything at all.

It shouldn’t decide to put 6 people with SR 2000 against 6 people with SR 2000?

2 Likes

What does SR even mean, when the game uses a HIDDEN MMR to make the matches?

See, you don’t even think about that. You just blindly trust that SR vs SR makes it all nice and legit.

There’s a reason they use the fake SR, and a hidden MMR.

Well, it’s a number that goes from 1 to 5000 and generally represents your skill compared to other people who play the game. For instance, a Diamond in a 1v1 with a Bronze player will almost definitely make short work of the Bronze - and a GM vs. a Diamond will generally make short work of the Diamond.

I don’t see, I do think about it. I think about it constantly. I think about how much it doesn’t matter because it seems to do the job sufficiently.

Yes, and you can do a simple google search to discover the reasons. (Hint: it’s not to force losses) :rofl:

2 Likes

Tell me then, WHY is there a hidden MMR, what are the numbers, how do they create TEAMS using the hidden MMR.

Do they take the highest hidden MMR and stick the lowest MMR player on his team?

How does it work? You don’t know. They’ve never said.

So, what do YOU know? Nothing.

I know i see ridiculous streaks of hard mode then easy mode. Others have said the same. After a while, you can even see the signs. Long queue vs. short queue. Your previous day’s results. Not that hard for ME to see what I AM seeing.

All you can say is that you don’t see it. You can NOT say it doesn’t exist. You can NOT say that I AM not seeing it.

This is called bandwagon fallacy / appeal to popularity.

This is called confirmation bias.

I can say that I don’t have any trouble climbing, and any time I have a loss streak it’s either because I was in the wrong mental or physical state to be playing that session, or that I need to improve myself.

4 Likes

It’s not bandwagon, when individual people come here, still, to this day, and say “hmm… anyone notice…”

It’s not confirmation bias. I play. I observe. I notice patterns.

Doesn’t effect my play. I just play. All the time. Working on improving, doing the right stuff. Just… playing like anyone else.

Okay man, if you can’t even accept the most basic mistakes you make then I guess there’s no hope whatsoever for you. Good luck in your forum conspiracies career!

2 Likes

Please, PLEASE Blizzard: Fix the matchmaker by not putting players with gold borders with players with Bronze borders or Endorsement level 1 or 2 players.

Endorsements should serve as a reward. I’m getting tired of game after game getting players who have the mentality that they can just create a new account when one gets banned, or have half a dozen accounts so they don’t care, compared to people who have actually be in the game and been endorsed by others as not being terrible people.

At least just give us that option. Yeah, yeah, we know you’ll pull out some claim that queue times would go through the roof - how about just let us accept that risk and decide for ourselves.

1 Like

See? What the heck do YOU know about my mistakes and how i learn from them? You’re assuming a LOT about players who notices odd streaks.

I play, i reflect on my game, i’m always trying to improve.

Forum conspiracies career? My 10 minutes a day letting the devs know of my frustrations at times?

I have like like 1/4the the posts you have…

I was talking about your logical fallacy mistakes, not your gameplay. Even when you have the dictionary definitions of the fallacies you pepper the forums with, you deny that you’re making them - and then repeat them, as if repeating a fallacy makes it somehow correct.

2 Likes

But we don’t know for a fact that they ARE fallicies, because Blizzard has hidden how it all works. They’ve said very little about it, and they just expect people to trust it.

I don’t. So, whatever.