Devs failing on listening. Again. Applying update bug

Update : 4/5/23

Support tickets will not revert bans given by this bug. So take care.

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/137j4og/we_messed_up_but_you_still_suffer_ow_team/

They have responded now

Would be nice to know if actions would be corrected. Though.

Apparently can still happen

So in the last update on the 25th they broke the game so you can’t join some games resulting in a leaver penalty on your account.
Now 100s if not 1000s of people are getting suspended/banned.

• On every recent tweet on play overwatch people are complaining.
  • The bug thread is filled with 1000s of posts complaining about this.

I understand maybe a day or so to react to this but now it’s at a point that it’s impossible not to see.

They want to claim they react and listen quicker this is an example of them still not improving.

9 Likes

Ok.

But did you TELL the Devs that?

You seem to have linked a bunch of threads on a forums they abandoned?

This just happened to me as well. So much for a quick match before work. =/
I’m sure this will be finally be addressed when it happens to a streamer or two.

5 Likes

Feel free to let them know for me.
People have contacted support and posted on here Twitter and reddit.
If they don’t know about it it’s a failure in the communication chain.

1 Like

Same issue here, I also get “Joining Game” infinite load screen in Comp.

In QP I also get just no warning I was entering a lobby and have to rejoin que and then randomly got a XP 9 game punishment for leaving game even though I never got a warning or saw anything in my Game Reports.

Sitting on a 20 hour comp ban right now, happy friday yall!

3 Likes

Small indie company, give them a few weeks to sort it out.

Lmao as if any of us have dev contact info on speed dial. They offer little to no contact method outside of social media. Submitting tickets are only followed with auto-response from outsourced techs.

2 Likes

On ps5, third time this week and penalty is up to 8 hours now ugh

Why cant you guys remove the stupid A** leaver penalty you have in this game? Its way 2 harsh on players and now we get banned for something that is on your end? That you cant fix?. You guys will destroy this game like you did the first one becuse you dont learn from your mistakes.

Obviously you should be reading obscure support pages and load up training range every launch. It’s YOUR fault you didn’t do this enjoy your perma ban as we ignore this bug that’s been happening since s2-3

Exactly, its been happening since S2-3 and this is the first time it ever happened to me. How about focusing on fixing the game instead of skins then?. And we should not have to read reports, they should post it ingame.

Same, 2x Applying Update bugs in a row = 2x bans. Does this affect SR? If so, can it be reversed?
Hesitant to try the Practice Range fix in case I get a third ban - seems to be stuck on applying update to the Practice Range in any case.