DEVS about MERCY's role in the game

Your stats? No.
The average stats of the average player.

2 Likes

Yes, and let’s not just ignore a 30-second rez… I mean, wtf, if that is not over the top healing what is…

1 Like

Low and high ranked play different games, and they definitely don’t balance around the average.

Symmetra 2.0 winrate was above 60%, why did they reworked her?

The stats being posted in this topic seem to ignore the fact that they’re including bronze and silver tiers, meaning players who are brand spanking new to the game or are struggling to grasp the mechanics. Most are probably still unsure of which heroes to target in a fight, so yeah, it’s disingenuous to include the lower tiers in the stats. You’re basically inflating the healing numbers to suit your agenda.

1 Like

It’s not easily outperformed if only high rank players can do it.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter.
Average is average.

It is from plat (not sure about golds) to gm dude and everyone know this.

I think I would know this more than most people.

Bringing back Healer pick variety - #8 by GreyFalcon-11737

The reason why Mercy was picked in higher rank was Rez, not her healing output. I’m a fan of healer’s pick variety, but this variety should include Mercy aswell.

Her rez is only averaging 6 per game, with a high of 8. People seem to like to imply it’s more than that.
The reason she was picked is that she had all three of High Survival, High Utility, High Healing. Where as the other healers only had two of those.
And lowering her Utility or Survival were not viable balancing choices.

That said, Mercy is picked at higher ranks with much more frequency than Ana/Moira were during Mercy meta.

And I think it would be extremely difficult to promote variety for the top 5 percent. That always seems to go for whatever is meta, then run only that.

1 Like

Lowering her utility is a viable choice, but I’m not going to argue this over and over again… Let’s come back to point!

1 Like

What’s the point? Their justification was a bit off, but Mercy is a lot more balanced now.

5 Likes

from gold to GM.

on about an average, moira does 1K-1.5K more healing with a lower pick rate, added with her being used more in goats comps.

On about an average, ana does 1K-1.5K less healing than mercy with a much higher pick rate, added she being used in more comps.

Lucio’s healing stat is skewed. He is able to heal everyone at once, but at a much lower rate, and he has to amp it up for the best effect.

Moria can be unable to heal due to being out of juice, position (She has no GA) or having no healing orb.

Ana can miss, crippling her use at lower tiers, while making her much stronger at higher tiers, and she is forced to reload. She also has no mobility, and so finds it harder to be with her team than Mercy.

A healer should have large heals or consistency, not both.

3 Likes

Other healers can make kills, have high utility and great ulti bro. The devs wrote she’s intended to put more heals than everybody, so personal opinions doesn’t count.

1 Like

Sooo where is your evidence showing that this is the case

2 Likes

And what is bringing someone back to life, or damage boosting? By said logic, Moria has no utility.

2/3 of the healers you mentioned do this at the expense of healing.

3 Likes

That’s an SW reference? Thought it was a reference to Alarak from Starcraft. Or was that a reference to something in SW as well.

Read the line again, very carefully, there’s a word in there that means A LOT, “Consistently”, she still does that, her healing downtime (be it by being dead or dmg boosting) is way lower than any other support in game.

About “raw healing pick”: she was not meant to be like that, again just remember that important word. Both Ana and Moira always had more Raw Healing Power than Mercy, but they had a condition attatched to it, be LoS, range, enemy barriers, and Mercy has none of that crap, making her realiable.

The problem is that her rework made her a viable single healer in almost any comp, and people got used to it, after all it is better to only need to rely on yourself. But now she needs another healer as back up, and that’s 100% fine.

I’ll give you an example, I have a friend that plays Mercy very very well, and I’m mainly a Lúcio player, as a duo we have few problems keeping everyone alive in long teamfights, because of teamwork, and unless he’s being focused all the time, he WILL get more healing out than me, the only thing is I won’t be that far behind. On long matches our combined healing generally goes above 30k, with around a 55 to 45% distribution, the Mercy having more healing, the main reason for that is the utility a secondary healer can provide, be it to keep the Mercy alive, helping with dmg, you name it.

With simple teamwork she still works very well, just not everywhere or alone as she used to. So players need to change this mindset of her being the overpowered healer she was before and start working together with another support and the rest of the team.

2 Likes

Read the line again, very carefully: “pump out more healing than any other healer OVER THE COURSE OF A MATCH”. This means that at the end of the game Mercy should have done more heals than every other supports. She can’t atm.

They also wrote she should be the “go-to pick for raw healing power”.

Please, this is clear as water.

1 Like