Developer Update: Season 11 Changes

Well, Here is to a GOOD (Hopefully) season of Overwatch.

Also. Time for them to Buy an AI super compuete cluster from Elon Musk and use it to run Overwatch match making.

Oh, and …

CHARGE 50 DOLLARS PER ACCOUNT.

So we can have better match making. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: .

(Pays ur bills).

Literally they are now part of the company that almost owns OpenAI…

1 Like

I just wish they would use it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was thinking they need a CRAY :stuck_out_tongue:

Chill, you are literally just a random guy who spends too much time writing useless stuff in a forum for a dead game

5 Likes

I got a sneak peak at the matchmaker changes

Hint: you’re still going to think the matchmaking is broken

Who just accidentally guessed the exact specifics of almost every Mercy change in OW2?

There was literally no other way to design it and yours was different anyway

You know what is not fun? LOSING because you picked Mercy and all you accomplished is not dying.

6 Likes

Not every hero can be meta.
Therefore, not every hero should be meta.

Also for real, the main reason she can’t be meta is because the devs refuse to do much about Widow, Hanzo, and Sojourn.

And when those heroes are too hard to Dive with a pocket, that somehow gets blamed on Mercy.

1 Like

There you go xD

I posted like 4 different concepts. Which one are you talking about?

This is a very wordy way of saying nothing. Mercy is already fun with her mobility. That is not the reason people are unhappy with her state. They are unhappy with her state because she does nothing significant.

10 Likes

Don’t we have updates like patches and new seasons every Tuesday?

I can’t remember one of these on a Thursday

I’m focusing on the entire playerbase, not like 1% of it.

1. you are focusing on nothing, you are not a dev
  2. If devs are focusing on Mercy which is what the link you posted implies, it’s a stupid idea to give her more mobility because no Mercy player thinks she lacks mobility in any elo. They are already having fun with her flight, that is the whole reason they want to play her. Mercy mains are unhappy with her state because she is a bad hero pick outside very specific map and hero combos.
9 Likes

So there weren’t very very loud complaints when GA got nerfed?

I don’t think that’s just a 1% issue Saber was referrinf to. Blizz says she only underperforms at the top end. And I’m inclined to believe that. But balance alone does not always explain why a character may not feel good or why others don’t want to play with them.

I think for Mercy, a lot of her impact feels very passive (her healing and damage boost) or very rarely actually occurs (rez). Her ult is a bigger boost to her strengths that already can feel like they don’t make an impact (even though they clearly do).

I think the idea of wanting to make her more enjoyable is definitely the right train of thought you’re on though. So I do understand where you’re coming from, too.

There are loud noises when anything gets nerfed. Mains don’t like nerfs is not a new discovery. There were also loud noises when rez got nerfed, when her healing got nerfed, when her db got nerfed, you couldn’t hear any other noise when mass rez was removed.

How far are we gonna follow your logic. Why is the loud noise on that one nerf suddenly means if she gets mobility well everybody will be happy. You can’t understand the core issue which is that playing her goes counter to your objective of winning the match. when your only contributions to a match are weak db that doesn’t even help with breakpoints or healing that doesn’t do enough to save people you feel less inclined to play. This is a common complaint from the low ranks. Maybe talk to low rank mercy supports if you want to find out what their issues are.

I don’t agree with the idea that the only thing that matters is gameplay design is high ELO tierlisting.

Which one do YOU think was read by the devs and adapted to the game?

Hint: None of them

1 Like