Developer update lied about leaver penalty?

Either the new competitive season hasn’t started, or the developers lied about leaver penalty because I just got a 20 hour suspension for getting disconnected from the game. It’s always been an issue in these games where if you dc all of the sudden or are forced out of a game and can’t get back in because of a sudden power outage or internet shut off that you get penalized the same just as if you left.

If this is going to happen this next season then competitive, which is the only mode I enjoy playing, is a non-existent game mode. I don’t normally leave games, and if I “leave” it’s usually because of a DC or power outage where I live. So if this happens to me 5 times my season is over, can never play again.

Is there anything that can be done to counteract this so players who were accidentally disconnected or other unforeseen events can come back from that accident and continue to play. I am all for banning players who INTENTIONALLY leave a match, but is there any way we can distinguish from the players who leave INTENTIONALLY versus the ones who disconnect on ACCIDENT?

2 Likes

they can not tell if it’s accidental vs intentional(you can always intentionally pull the plug on your router) therefore all leavers are treated the same

sorry you got hit with the suspension I used to play on crappy internet too I feel your pain but other than making sure your internet is working well there’s nothing you can do

It’s not a frequent occurrence for me, but I’m more upset about the fact it was my third game of comp once season 10 launched and the only game I disconnected from and I was hit with a 4 game leaving penalty. So that’s what I’m most upset about, unless the new comp season hasn’t started.

scrolling through the forum it seems something may be bugged with penalties since a lot of people are reporting what you are(20h ban on 1st D/C - even in the case of having a leaver in comp and leaving after the timer runs out - which was previously not penalized) fingers crossed that’s it and you get a clean slate
small indie company…

If no one gets a clean slate we can kiss season 10 goodbye for competitive play

2 Likes

Its called haste sweetheart – Nick the fox

especially with how many server errors and server side disconnects there are…
well we shall see
in the meantime i heard helldivers 2 is great

Penalties are no longer reset to zero at the start of the new season, so maybe all of these “first time disconnect” people have left enough times in their last played comp games to have a longer suspension.

2 Likes

Seasons don’t reset the bans any more, and haven’t for awhile. So you would of had a ban too towards the end of last season no doubt.