Developer Update: Hero Releases, Mythics, and Gameplay Updates

Why would they?
There has always been an option to earn them for free.
Also, paid skins have been given out for free after their initial release with no compensation.

1 Like

complaining and saying “overwatch bad” or “blizzard bad”

this is why i dont interact with the haters, its ok to have complaints (i have plenty) but alot of these people arnt here to try and make the game better.

they just want to hate on the game

it could be the best gaming experience, perfect balance, perfect matchmaker, super cheap skins, lots of free currency and so on

and they’d still complain, they’d say “oh wow it doenst run at 1000fps, trash game”

7 Likes

Yes, a lesson. They’ll be getting a lesson not to buy anything in this game so rashly.

6 Likes

So they turned bad things around. Which is a good thing…

Clearly A LOT of people care about skins.
They had some decent maps and a lot of the maps that were mentioned do need changes

2 Likes

Exactly, some I’ve bought and I don’t expect anything in return and there’s no reason to. I had the chance to earn them for nothing, but didn’t. That was 100% down to me.

2 Likes

thats a good way to put it lol

outside of buying the bp, i dont see why any one would pay money to unlock the heroes. you can do it for free…

they were always going to eventually remove heroes from the bp, because it creates P2W so spending money on such a thing was always a mistake

1 Like

Why remove Mythic exclusivity? Why should we grind for these skins if I can simply just dump $20 or more on Cyber Demon Genji later?

2 Likes

to the best that i understand

is that the mythic shop is attatched to the bp and its how you unlock the mythic via bp now or something

The Mythic Shop will allow you to work towards past and current seasonal Mythic hero skins as you progress through the Premium Battle Pass.

that doesnt sound like you buying them outright

but also exclusivity in games is a shame, everyone who wanted any given mythic bought that bp

i have the first 4 mythics and then season 9’s, but if they then allow ppl to unlock those first 4 im not going to be upset because:

its a skin in a video game

4 Likes

What would really be awesome is if every paid BP you bought you can complete during a season instead of the current one.

I dunno. They are taking steps though, I’ll give them that.

If they’re capable of returning Mythic skins for sale then why can’t they just make the battle pass never expire? Will people be recompensated for buying hero unlock packs and bundles?

Exclusivity has to exist!

1 Like

When they say not good they probably mean “did you have to make a whole video for this? We’ve gotten bigger news on the forum/news posts with the only video for them being YouTube trailers”

Because they can sell a battle pass and then also sell the mythic skin later to the people that didn’t get it finished.

why would they do that?

sometimes an item is released then is given out for free later

the exclusivity is the time you had it when no one else did its not forever.

This is all good news. Thanks, devs.

4 Likes

No it doesn’t. Exclusivity sucks.

Exclusivity is for nothing more than e-peen stroking. There are more players frustrated by it than in support of it. The less there is of it, the better.

And I say that as someone who earned every single mythic skin for 8 seasons (still working on season 9, but I’m not far off)

3 Likes

This was no dev update. There isn’t any reason to hype us for a week for nothing. They should simply announce it on the blog like the one above.

Jeff Kaplan did frequent dev update than this current team did. He did not beat around the bush. He said what is needing to be said like a dev update should be.

You can see it for yourself - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Developer+Update+overwatch

Either make it exclusive until OW3 or make nothing exclusive at all!
:rage:

2 Likes

“Hey guys! here’s this sneak peak at things we can’t actually go into any detail about but are SUPER excited to tell you about later down the road. I know we’ve said this literally every dev update but we’re for realzies this time around! Scout’s honor!”

They think we’re all stupid, and the article that came out before this only helps to confirm it.

I hold my excitement till we know more.

600 free coins instead of 540 is still very very insultingly low when things are this overpriced and even 600 is less than a third what is needed to buy a legendary skin.

I’m really curious how many coins will a player be actually be able to get.

2 Likes

tbf a lot of us are stupid

2 Likes