Dev Update: What do you think is going to be in it?

This game mode was part of the promotion and “reason why going dark” with production of overwatch 2, i would not expect that to drop now, because it would bring players in, and players means more people to show adds about “buy overwatch 2” that for sure gona roll in with the “sequel”.

-nothing for ow1, as usual
-hyping overwatch 2
-git gud players for ow1, buy ow2.

• seasonal hero bans per map in competitive. We already have a limited map pool during each season. I kinda hope/want that they extend this to ban a handful of heroes on each map, selected randomly per map. This would create map-dependent metas that also change each season. It wouldn’t apply to QP or arcade though.

• Specific hero upgrades using ingame credits earned during a match. Earn creds based on performance and objective play. This allows gameplay to evolve over the course of a match. This also means that heroes can be balanced by giving them more or less power in the early or late game dependent on items. Items could also be limited in competitive based on rank, meaning that we get a more pronounced meta that varies according to skill/rank based on available items, and items can be balanced per rank.

• We also might get that mysterious social feature that was announced quite a while ago, but which was delayed due to technical challenges. They might have fixed it, and we could get something like guilds/clans, along with a specific competitive mode just for these guilds/clans, or for 6-stacks only.

Skill Tree or some such. The only way to fix ‘niche heroes’ and the perceived problem of ‘one tricking’: give heroes abilities that they can chose depending on situation.

1 Like

Jeff puts a lot of emphasis on faster balance changes so I think that’s it, we’re getting - in fact I think we got it already - a system that allows balance changes to go straight to live servers with no PTR and no need to patch up the game.

Notice how the latest PTR went live without a download? I think the system is already there, we’re just getting an official explanation soon.

I also expect balance changes to be scheduled, like every two or three weeks on a set day, so people can expect changes and be assured they will happen at a certain time period. No more hoping and speculating on the contents of the next PTR. We get it live, no PTR “testing” bullcrap, and we know exactly when they hit.

I don’t know, but I’m excited that so many changes are happening right now. Since we didn’t get any new hero at BlizzCon the game has felt very stale.

PUSHBOT

Most likely they will be cutting out some pageantry in the competitive games to speed them up.

Possibly announcing how balance patches will be faster.

Maybe some OW2 hype

Probably related to shortening PTR circles and hotfixing changes into the game without long patch downloads.

I think I heard one of the devs mentioning the update will have something to make people want to play tank again.

Oh nooo, two non-event lootboxes this time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kinda obvious you need to take a break from the forums here if you’re just either blatantly lying about what people say or completely blinded and only see stuff you want to see.

As for the topic, I’m not even watching the youtubers, and I probably know one feature that’s being announced, but I shouldn’t say. It’s not the one relevant to ranked play though.

This is a wild guess but here goes: new system that encourages you to queue for all three roles and rewards you with shorter queue time and/or a guaranteed dps slot after a certain number of games played.

1 Like

Jeff will appear and say that he heard community concerns but the game is fine and devs are right. He will then hint about some cool new feature that will in no way impact or change the game at all. It’ll release 7 months from now. Don’t forgot to buy loot boxes and watch OWL! End of video.

1 Like

Didn’t we already baptise him Jeff :grin:

Gigantic nerfhammer to cc perhaps? That sure as hell would get me to play again. /dream

2 Likes

I think it’ll be an Echo announcement, amongst other things.

Probably something that’ll mostly benefit OWL/pro scene.

If Mccree doesn’t get 250HP maybe we can have a 250HP Tracer? :smiley:

250 HP Widow or we riot.

Or her personal shield … like Bastion at the beginning :face_with_hand_over_mouth: