Details on Bastion Buffs Confirmed

• Bastion’s Recon clip size increased from 25 to 35.
  • Bastion’s Sentry minigun gets a ‘reverse-spread’ effect: the longer he shoots, the more precise his shots become. This was specifically described as a change that “may or may not make it.” (This one might not make it)
29 Likes

Twitch

I give up… I’ll assume yours is right…

I really hope they do put the Sentry changes through, it’s a really nice balance between his old and new spread, and that’s what he really needs at the moment.

6 Likes

Working on it >_< Sorry! Should be fixed now.

3 Likes

btw he said that Bastion’s spread reduction thing might not happen.

1 Like

He did.

Personally I don’t see why not.

“We might not give him the good buff because actually buffing Bastion is scary”

I mean it’s nice but encourages the worst kind of Bastion. i don’t think they play some of their heroes lol.

A good Bastion is mobile. At least before they threw him in the trash a year ago

6 Likes

It would still be a nice buff though, for those times when Bastion will be shooting for longer periods of time

A buff IS a buff, anything is welcome on our Omnic buddy. Just . . . I actively get annoyed when picking Bastion makes people think I want the shield in front of me set up.

Ah well, at least they are not completely ignoring him lol

And more Recon bullets are nice, it’s a stronger gun then people give it credit for, but was already pretty good for clip size

7 Likes

This is true, but they also buffed his recon mode for that, IMO. O_o

Again, buffs are buffs, and I already liked his recon gun :smiley:

wow that’s pretty big but I guess the falloff will keep sniper bastion in check, luckily

These changes sound really good on paper, I never thought of making his spread reduce the more he shoots that’s pretty great.

I honestly think the spread part in particular isn’t a “minor” change (what Geoff said), It’s a pretty big change that will help Bastion a lot.

My main concern is that people will instantly complain Bastion is OP the second the changes go live on the ptr and Blizzard will nerf him once again and make him completely useless… again. If this does happen then It’s almost guaranteed they will decide to rework him because any positive changes to Bastion will be slammed by the community.

8 Likes

He should honestly be reworked anyways.

He needs to be a glass cannon DPS or a sturdy anchor tank.
No in between!

3 Likes

Right? I get so annoyed. Like “thanks for trying to help but you’re actually blocking my view” :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I mean, yes, but a lot of Rien’s realize they need to step to the side I hope lol

1 Like

I think he needs a rework… There’s no way to make a glass cannon work in this game, he’s worthless when in a lone 1v1, and a god when built around or pocketed, without any middle ground therein. They need to do more.

They better give bastion the reverse spread. He was the selling point of the game for me, and when they nerfed him to oblivion I lost one of my major incentives to play.

Overwatch is now a very fast paced game, with CC and movement abilities everywhere. Bastion doesn’t fit into that at all now:

• Recon: Slow moving & low damage
  • Sentry: Sitting duck
  • Tank: Just sleep…

The community can go and Goose themselves if they wail over the slightest fix made to Bastion, he is so under-powered and immobile even Torb vastly out-preforms him now.

We Need The Reverse Spread

1 Like

Wrong changes imo. Sounds like how can we buff him without actually having an impact on his viability?
These dont adress his issues.

1 Like

This is how I feel about it. Bastion needs either more survive-ability or a good escape method. Neither of these things do that.

Bastions problem is that he spends way too much time trekking from the spawn-room. Making him do more consistent damage is not going to fix that.

How can Bastion use his damage potential at all when he gets picked within 3 seconds the enemy realizes he’s nearby? Against a team that knows how to counter him, he struggles to get 1 elim before he’s sent back to spawn again.

Incredibly disappointed that they’re this far off the mark.

2 Likes

Seriously? Can we stop with the Recon changes?

1 Like