šŸ”… New Bastion Ability to go with "stealth" skin. *Active Camouflage*

I saw a great comment when i made a topic about how his ā€œstealthā€ skin may foreshadow a new event since it artistically NOTHING like we have currently on any other character (closest is maybe soldiers venom skin). One reply i got is it could be a new stealth ability too and i got to thinking on it.

If bastion had a cloak like sombra that was much more limited it would make him alot more effective. He wouldnā€™t be gunned down so hard by pharah and would be able to have the jump on players by changing his location sneakily

He does have the free skill slot. I play alot of bastion on console when the need arises and i have have my button configuration as.
Right trigger: fire
Left Trigger: heal
Left Bumper: configuration
Right Bumper: voiceline since theres nothing else.
Y: is ultimate.

Hereā€™s how I see it working.

Active Camouflage

• has to be activated in Recon Form, but can persist into turret mode.

• Duration 5 seconds like Sombra, but no movement bonus. You can still hear his obvious footsteps just not see him unless your close.

• Going into turret form or using repair only keeps the camo going for another 1.5 seconds.

• Cooldown 10 seconds.

• Healing while stealthed still shows sparks

• Shooting while recon is instantaneous but removes the Camo immediately.

• Shooting in turret form has a small windup for the chaingun giving targets a chance to realize they are about to be taking fire.

• Activating his ultimate, Immediately removes camouflage.

I think this would greatly help bastion defending and getting back to the control point after a death without being picked off in his recon form so easily.

Also this may give merit to a sombra buff and maybe even help bastion synergize with her for ambushes greatly increasing both their performances. Also his ā€œrecon formā€ doesnt do much reconnaissance as it stand currently, more like a ā€œfootsoldier formā€ would play into that from an aesthetic point of view too, allowing him to peek around corners for his team.

Highlighted ideas from other users below:

• Have his camouflage last 10 seconds but only while stationary so you can hide without walking and making less noise as the enemy passes by. The 10 seconds would decrease 2x a fast though while moving.
  • Lore wise Bastion could be an ā€˜older modelā€™ and when torbjorn rescued him, he could have upgraded him, possibly even tie in sombra some how and give him a mechanical ā€œboopā€ voiceline and maybe touch ganymedes beak with his finger in an emote.
  • possibly muffle his footsteps some so he can steathily contest a payload easier.
3 Likes

This would make sense, Especially if it tied into the lore somehow.

Iā€™m thinking either Torby gave it to him, To better hide him from the public, And/Or, it could be a left over relic from the crisis, When they attempted to develop stealth drones.

4 Likes

that sounds kind of nice.

Kind of like make bastion a cloak and dagger, essentially make it so bastion is visible when he walks or shoots or gets touched by people, but make it so if he stands still for a few seconds he turns invisible.

1 Like

I didnt even think of that with the lore, he could be an ā€œolder modelā€ and torb could give him/her an upgrade to help him survive the modern age!

1 Like

I think that would be cool. What if it had a very long ā€œstandingā€ duration like 12 seconds and when you move it starts ticking down by 2 instead of 1 so moving around would make it last 6 seconds but sitting still makes it last 12 seconds?

2 Likes

im thinking more active then passive but i see what your getting at. I already can see him and sombra setting up an ambush with the new symmtra coming out. bastion and sombra hit em hard from behind and then symmetra tosses bastion a teleporter to regroup and sombra can use the teleporter or translocate.

I think a stealth Bastion sounds really cool. Itā€™s kind of changing who he is but itā€™s doing it in an intriguing way.

2 Likes

This makes logical sense, as moving around would be using up TONS More energy with such an ability active.

But possibly give it a Long duration while standing, So that when moving, you can actually make it somewhere before just coming out of it? Idkā€¦

1 Like

I dont want to steal too much of sombraā€™s thunder, but i did mention it could be grounds to improve sombra some as well.

1 Like

What if it lasted 20 seconds standing and 10 seconds moving?

1 Like

Perhaps Torby picked up some of his new tech Fromā€¦ a Friend.

2 Likes

Sounds quite robust, But perfectly fitting Bastionā€™s walking speeds.

New E ability: Boop

Sombra taught him how to boop

1 Like

This needs to be an Emote. RIGHT NOW.

ā€œBastionā€™s lights turn Purple, Bastion proceeds to Boop Ganymedeā€™s tiny beak.ā€

3 Likes

really mechanical boop lol. like pushing a button. I think people would eat that up especially if he had this ability, kind of a ā€˜tellā€™ that says ā€œhey you should try bastion with sombraā€

1 Like

Uhgā€¦ this is making me want to redesign a character i came up withā€¦

But iā€™m lazy and donā€™t wanna type all of that out. X3

wont ever be real unless you do the work and get some attention to it.

which btw all if you like this ability idea dont forget to like the original post for support.

1 Like

Yeaā€¦ :sweat_smile:
I have a rough draft written up, but it needs completely rewrittenā€¦

I did come up with her lore tho! :smiley_cat:
Itā€™s pretty much set in stone in my mindā€¦

(I can tell you sometime if you want, butā€¦ Sorry for going on about that, Back on the topic of Invisible Bastionsā€¦)

Iā€™m imagining being on the point, During overtime, And thinkingā€¦ ā€œIs there a Sombra contesting?ā€

Then a BASTION Comes out of stealth. X3

OMG i would love that. Be especially useful on route 66 at the gas station. Jump from the roof onto the payload and contest it then when theyā€™re looking for sombra bastion fires instead, sombra could even be with him and uncloak first to draw attention away from bastion then safely translocate or assist if sheā€™s not in too much danger.

maybe active camouflage could muffle his footstep by 25%-50% to assist this.

Hmmā€¦ O,O

ā€œPayload is contested, but no one is in sightā€

ā€œSombra Uncloaks, And Empā€™sā€

Enemy team: ā€œWe got this, itā€™s just a Sombraā€

Bastion: HI Iā€™M HERE, THIS IS MY PAYLOAD NOW, THANKS.

This needs to happen.

No limits all Bastion. :joy_cat:
That would beā€¦ š“š“¶š“Ŗš”ƒš“²š“·š“°ā€¦

2 Likes