Deflect buff is TERRIBLE

yall trash cans gonna have to learn how to actually play against genji now.
Kinda similar to how genji has had to learn how to play against each hero individually/correctly/properly for years. And 1 slipup hes dead.
Canceling deflect when hard diving only means that he has no CDs and can be absolutely shutdown with ease (no different than now)
If you are ana and use ur nade/sleep then genji dives you. How is that different than before? Are you saying that you think its unfair, that i genji as a dps with a kit that allows for 1 purpose. To hard dive backlines and get quick picks using my CDs. should not be able to kill you as ana who now has no CDs? Are you saying that isnt fair? If i used deflect i can be punished. You used nade, you can be punished. Everyone in the game can deal with genji easily if they arent trash. The problem is you where all given far too many crutches to deal with him and never got good at it.
If you are THAT BAD that you think him canceling deflect is gonna make him broken/god tier/face roll everyone. Than that was gonna happen to you regardless. Heres a tip. Play bap. He can jus press E and his whole team cant die. Or maybe try mcree. Even if i deflect u can still stun with ease. Heres another. If your ana dont waste your nade if you think genji gonna dive. Try some awareness/game sense out. Even just a little bit you might be ok. I have faith

all your essentially saying is “someone who is good at genji is hard to beat and i dont wanna try to get better and learn how to beat him”

1 Like

It’s how the rock is made. Sigma gathers debris using his weird gravity powers right? When Genji attempts to deflect it, his blade is drawn into the gravity well that created the rock and is holding it together. It’s literally sticking to his blade, so Genji can’t redirect it and all that force continues into Genji.

Edit: The reason why Genji can deflect Graviton Surge is because the surge doesn’t happen until the projectile stops moving, which isn’t how Deflect “works”. It’s why Graviton Surge doesn’t just randomly halt in the middle of the air to create its black hole thing.

Now if you want in game balance reasons for why the two do or don’t work, just let me know.

on my smurf in plat i got into a fight with enemy genji who tried deflecting sig rock the entire game and was flaming saying im an idiot.

Deflect will always have counterplay, all the abilities you mentioned are far stronger, you can throw a grenade, a dynamite or a flashbang at Genjis feet while deflecting to name some examples, also the ability is completely useless against a good portion of the heroes.

1 Like

Difference is that wraith is an escape ability and the most it does is reload his gun but deflect literally throws every attack back at you unless you are using a beam hero. Also, reaper doesn’t have an insane mobility like genji so no need to compare them

so if this means genji changes stay and moira stays the same we have more damage in tha game AGAIN! power creep, power creep, power creep…

Lets these go through and watch the world burn from frustrated players having to deal with genji every game and his broken ult. what’s next? doomfist buffs?

1 Like

The deflect Cancel is not that big of a change. I don’t believe he should have ever been stuck in that animation. I have more issues with the spread change and the extra damage buffs coming in all at once.

You think Dragonblade is op. You mean the ult with a 2 second time to kill in an ideal situation, no one-shot combo without a second ult, a second of startup on start and end, and it turns the player into a melee character? I think there were too many changes to Genji in the experimental card, but come on.
Dragonblade is not broken.

1 Like

If he manages to land all those things perfectly doesnt he kinda deserve the kill anyways?

2 Likes

Before, there was a small window where zen could potentially outplay the genji. Charging up a volley while genji was deflecting was viable.
Genji could previously cancel deflect with a dash, but that would sacrifice his escape.

Now that interaction is gone.

1 Like

Yup Zen already has a small chance to outwit equally skilled Genji players…with all his buffs it will be even worse in a pool of heroes that demolish him as it is.

1 Like

Deflect cancel is stupid. As widow, you could time it and get the kill. Now a buffed genji is literally gonna make it way harder for an amazing, already good duelist in 1 v 1. If Widow’s grapple is gone and a stationary mine aren’t going to do much against a genji with his arsenal. The deflect came with a cost. Big Brain Blizzard in action.

1 Like

You can still shoot him with volley the second he cancels deflect. He could also cancel it before by wallclimbing without sacrificing his escape. Hes been always yo do this its just not clunky anymore.

1 Like

I think the buff makes up for the latency issues, cant tell you how many times ive died while seeing I have deflect up but the ability of my opponent goes through it (flashbang, sleeptdart, even rein fire strikes, and deflecting a junkrat mine is prob 1/1000000 chance of happening). This has been shown by many pro players within their streams and youtube videos.

Also deflect does not effect everything so thats a blatant innacuracy, beams are still able to travel through along with it still being highly dependant on you actually shooting at him, and thats still the reason as to why I think it should never have recieved its size nerf to begin with.

Wall climbing locks you in a very specific animation, during which you can’t do anything.
Not many people would do that in a combat situation.

And you’re expecting this zen to shoot genji the mili second he cancels deflect? When genji can cancel it at any moment? While double jumping and moving?

If zen has to predict the future to score a successful hit, then that’s already an issue.

God forbid that Genji not have an answer to everything in the game. He has an ability that can turn enemy fire, enemy abilities, and enemy ULTIMATES into his teams fire, abilities, and ultimates and it used to be the size of a house that protected nearly all of him, front and back.

He’s a DPS, his defensive abilities should be fairly limited. We should be relying on our team to distract the enemy, and for our team tanks and supports to be applying buffs, protection, or healing to us… not be a one-man army that can pretend 5 other players don’t exist.

Realize just how strong an ability deflect is before moaning about its limitations.

edit: dissertation length reply incoming :rofl:

In response to whatever Dino is about to post:

Deflect should do WAY less, THEN they can buff it to be instant and cancellable.

He doesnt have an answer to everything in the game and im fine with that, and the fact that you yourself are complaining about an ability that is completely dependent on the enemy shooting at you to have any sort of value just goes to show how much or rather I should say how little you know of this game and its interactions between characters and their abilities. If they fixed deflect to be more consistent and work the way it is intended instead of allowing prefer the shooter to dictate whether or not it went off to begin with then we wouldnt be here now would we? Again several times in which ive had deflect up on my screen yet their shot goes through, I go to the replay and see the shot pass through deflect and you still are the one to actually be moaning and whining about an ability that has the easy way to counter which is stop holding down your m1 button for a second.

And yet the forum still whines about Zarya bubbles, which do WAY less.

Again stop shooting, its that simple its not like its forcing you to do some convoluted way to get around it, it doesnt put a cc on you that forces you to hold your primary fire down with your crosshair on them.