Definitive Mercy Poll

Prob has more to do with GA buff than anything. That and that you have more healers in the game that Tracers want to one-clip first.

Even after invuln.

I do it every day, don’t like to, but it’s what Im best at.

Speak for yourself. Crosshairs are ALWAYS on me.

It is.

Its a good thing Mercy’s pickrate is at UP levels.

3 Likes

There is nothing definitive about any of these polls that are made by fans. Please understand that.

That bisho is gonna get pistoled by me.I remember when Mercy got released with Valk,her healing and rezzes were so OP,when people saw her actually pull out her pistol everyone was like "Woooah mercy(get it?cause she’s a main healer,a “pacifist"so weird that she actually can shoot someone down)” Well she’s no longer.These days pulling out your pistol is standard to her kit.
Cause she’s no longer some OP main healer.And has to utilize all parts of her kit.

You’re not going to pistol kill any Tracer unless they’re utter trash.

1 Like

If enough people from enough places fill it out, a general community consensus can be determined.

Which is kinda definitive, if you ask me.

Scarring her away is also good enough.Better than watching old OW pro plays where the guy assigned to play the OP mercy just stood there helplesly while Tracer was shooting at him.Because the thought that he would actually have to use her pistol never crossed his mind.

That would be a waste of time, most decent Mercy players would just fly away and dodge Tracer.

Yeah.While respawning,and having no one to fly to genius

Self-selecting surveys are not definitive.

If the whole team is dead with respawns down there’s no reason why you should be 1v1ing a Tracer

1 Like

I voted for rework, but with tweaks and buffs (and perhaps small nerfs to compensate for the tweaks, but that’s highly dependant on what the tweaks are), she could be balanced and impactful again. Buffs to Valkyrie are mainly what I’m rooting for (because, honestly, I doubt she’ll be getting a rework anytime soon), and a revert back to her 60hps.
Maybe make the rez cast time 1.5s and keep everything about her right now the same. That could be a good buff. I cannot tell you how many times I was so sure I got a rez off, and then a flanking Widow or Hanzo just headshots me bc I’m a literal statue.
-50% movement speed buff?
Instant rez during valk
Shorter rez cast time during valk
Rez cd reset upon activation of Valk
Healing increase during Valk (70~80hps)
damage boost increase during valk

Those are just some ideas for buffs to current Mercy. As you can see, all of them have to do with valk. Valkyrie is such a lackluster ultimate and needs a little more spice to it. Small buffs to Valk would make Mercy feel a lot better, in my opinion. Or reworking how resurrect on E works could be super good for Mercy (ex. Rez on a resource meter, I won’t explain it here though).
I think Mercy can still be fun to play. But it feels like you can’t contribute much to your team. Mercy has never been a particularly engaging character, she’s a pacifist after all, so that’s not what I want to change about her. I want her to be impactful, but not OP. I feel like she needs a better ultimate, and if it’s mass rez with changes so be it, but I wouldn’t mind if they removed rez completely (even though they won’t, it’s a core part of Mercy’s character and she has a whole highlight intro for it).

It’s only the Mercy respawning?You kno why?Because she probably got focused down,because she was so OP.

Your comment didn’t have a point. There was no point to it. Why do you feel the need to come into a thread you don’t care about, and tell everyone in that thread that you don’t care. Cool. Why are you here then?

You can. Lead Tracer into a corridor, or small room, put your crosshair at headshot level and headshot that pesk to death. Saved my own skin multiple times.

1 Like

Mercy could really use a break, no buffs or nerfs for a year would be my suggestion

1 Like

My comment did have a point. I have no concern about Mercy’s situation. If you don’t like my comment, good for you. Too bad you can’t handle someone’s opinion. If I commented I obviously cared about MY VIEW on Mercy, otherwise we wouldn’t be arguing. You keep asking “Why are you here?” Because I can voice my views on a topic. If you don’t like it, again, ignore it. There are plenty of people to argue with that fully go against your opinion.

1 Like

That’s a big “if” and one that, quite frankly, is not likely to happen. Not trying to be negative, but being absolutely realistic.

These polls are just a waste of time and a poorly veiled attempt to confirm bias.

Yet the major selling point of the rework was how it was “frustrating to play against”, backed up by no statistics, nor by any other form of objective argument.

Now that the situation has been reversed, it is no longer relevant you say ? What a double standart.

Yes, and most (if not all) Mercy players I know remember this time as the one they hated the most.
This may be hard to understand and accept for some people, but a hero being op/mustpick for a period of time does not make them immuned to further changes once they are “balanced” again.

The ideal of balance is not to rotate heroes in and out of the meta, overbuffing them after they have been underpowered for too long, and overnerfing them after they have been “a must pick for so long”.
Ideally, all heroes should keep a stable and viable position in the meta, allowing for diverse team compositions to be played and every hero to be able to impact a match.

Unfortunately, it seems like we are currently following the first pattern as it is very hard (if not impossible) to reach “the perfect balance spot”. But at no point does that justify leaving a hero because “they have been meta for so long”.

I’m not going to argue about whether or not current Mercy is balanced.

Assuming she is balanced, what was the price to reach this state ?

• Valkyrie does not allow for the promised game-changing plays
  • Valkyrie grants only 2 news aspects to her kit: flight & chain beams, both of which go against her fundamental design
  • Resurrect is more than ever frustrating to play as, with and against
  • Resurrect monopilises all the power of her kit, allowing for little to no room for maneuver
  • Her base kit -which was proven to be balanced for the last year- had to be nerfed because of the above points
  • All of the above caused Mercy’s pickrate in QP to drop by half before the rework

Where you see something “nice”, I see the sad reality that current Mercy is nowhere nearly as impactful as old Mercy has ever been. Considering that she is a main healer -the “pure healer” to be precise- the fact that she isn’t hunted down as much shows that something is wrong in my opinion.

10 Likes

Why do people keep saying this? It couldn’t be further from the truth.

1 Like