DEFEAT screen backfill

When exactly was this going to be patched? Hopefully with the gengi nerfs? Cmon indie devs, i waited 4 minutes for a game just to queue into a loss screen, how is this still happening after 4 years

5 Likes

They just added Priority Queue in the current PTR for backfill funnily enough :smiley:

lol if there is a game with an unstoppable genji i just leave f that

I feel like roles just shouldn’t be allowed to fill in the last like 20 Seconds of a match.

I’ve seen people leave with victory and some poor sucker fills that slot. Some people are jerks and just leave right away to queue faster.

Console PS4 player.

1 Like

last known dev thoughts on this

Dev are butt holes some times. It’s a small fix in my opinion for at least that don’t allow people to join in last 20 seconds of a match. It just make more and more people leave their game.

2 Likes

"New Feature: Priority Requeue for Backfilled Games

If you join a game after it has started to replace a player who has previously left, you are considered to have “backfilled” into that game. After finishing a game where you backfill, you are now granted a priority requeue the next time you queue to play. You will see a small icon on the interface to denote this status. When you queue for a game with priority requeue status, the matchmaker tries to prioritize finding an appropriate game for you. This normally results in significantly lower times waiting in queue."

PTR has priority queue for backfill and will come in Summer Games.

Ive gotten in games where its at the play of the game video and even just at the end game card screen. Its baffling this is a thing.