Debunking The "But It Isn't a 30$ Emote!" Argument

Are…are you serious? You know Lucio in lore is a DJ right?

1 Like

this is just stupid. there have been tons of charity items in WOW. the company has always done charity vanity items. always.

1 Like

except it’s not a “boost sales” tactic, it’s a “thank you for supporting OWL” tactic. It’s the same thing they did with the redheaded Widow skin (I never remember what it’s called) you had to play Starcraft during the anniversary event, and that’s a $40 game (assuming you’ve already used the free trial). You call it a $30 emote, but as a fan of OWL, I call it a free emote. It also comes with 13 skins for different characters. Also, if you don’t want the whole package, there’s a simple answer to your problem. DON’T BUY IT!

Yes sure, while adding something that is base game related in there which serves as a slap in the face to everyone else. People have been asking for lore related stuff, Lucio being a DJ getting a turn table emote definitely counts, but blizzard turns around and does this with it. Whats next then?

where they ridiculously overpriced, too?

How does he pulling a DJ box out of his butt relates to lore? At all?

You’re acting that this is some crap that’s sealed forever behind when all it takes is someone with a youtube recorder to record it and pop it on youtube so people can see it.

Yes I do, but that’s not everything about Lucio. to say an emote that has him DJing ties to his lore is to say that Zaryas Christmas gift emote ties to her lore because she smashes a toy robot in it.

1 Like

15-25 depending on the item. mounts and pets mostly.

If it was a “thank you for supporting OWL” tactic they would have given that AFTER it was finished being on sale or having been able to buy it with tokens. Then again people would be mad that they didn’t get something awesome but there would be nothing they could do. As they are doing it, it makes it seem like a way to squeeze out a bit more money before it isn’t on sale anymore.

1 Like

Sweet heavens. Ok then. We were apparently screwed from the get go, it seems.

Looks like it’s only downhill from here on out.

you know the money goes to charity, right?

He thinks Blizz is using it to take money in or evade taxes or something.

That’s a stupid argument. Reason being you have the choice to go to other stores for a banana. We don’t have a choice to buy the emote anywhere else at a reasonable price

1 Like

From day one they said: You get “blahblah” now, with more to come at later dates.
Or something along those lines, and we have had two additional stuff added, the 12 away skins and now the emote. They said from the start they would add more later…

1 Like

Honestly I can’t waste my time reasoning with you. You want to support shady business practices in gaming go right on ahead, that’s how we ended up with destiny, battlefront 2 and all the garbage in between. I don’t want that happening to OW because I actually care about this game, clearly you don’t. Clearly too many of you don’t and that is exactly what the suits are counting on.

1 Like

if something is only available in a bundle that doesn’t mean you only get it in a bundle, how about they put it in game for $10 so everyone can get it and its free for those who hold the pass?

Youd still be upset.

Just admit youre upset because you only want one part, but don’t want to buy it.

Well, if we’re dispensing with being polite, I find you to be over reacting, selfish, and absolutely childish.

Blizz isn’t stupid, and they know darn well what happens if they crossed that line. Its also helped that despite the memes about Blizzard, they genuinely care about the consumer.

That people are acting so much to this makes me shake my head in disappointment.

not that i give af about league or the emote…but…

does this not seem like something EA would do?

That or they have loads of disposable income

how does a vanity item hurt the game?
how does blizz doing what they said they were going to do hurt the game?
blizz has run the most successful mmo of all time by not doing the shady crap that the other companies do. your just mad that PAYING OWL FANS are getting something you dont have acces to unless you pony up.

[Moderator Edit] This topic does not seem to be going anywhere, its the same back and forth arguments. If you would like to have a discussion about this, its fully welcomed. But this is not going to be allowed.