Debate: Does Reaper need hitscan?

I don’t think he does, and I think him having tiny but fast projectiles would be a nice add-on.

Reaper fights in such close range there’s not really a reason why his guns need to be hitscan. Here’s some benefits to a pellet Reaper

• More reliable pellets. Projectiles have “bigger hitboxes” than hitscan does, meaning more of the wide pellets will land on thinner targets. This also leads to more reliable headshots
  • With the bigger “hitboxes” Reaper might be able to deal more than 2dmg from 15m away. This would very slightly help Reaper’s overall ranged accuracy

What do you guys think? Maybe I’m just saying nonsense but idk

I don’t know how to fix reaper, but he’s just weird to me. I mean am I the only one? Shooting with him is just hella weird. Like the bullets hit… Somewhere… And I’m aiming… Kinda elsewhere? It just FEELS odd. I never figure out where to shoot really.

2 Likes

A spread reduction makes more sense

7 Likes

Very true. But pellets would be neat

1 Like

Biggest fix reaper needs is that shadowstep needs to be faster, and go on walls - so if you aim up into a wall he teleports and drops down. Why? Because aiming with the “only on floors m8!” system ssssuuuccckkkssssssssss

1 Like

No, honestly, I said I wanted ANY buff for Reaper; however, this would just be so negligible that I am not really into it. Maybe it is my hit-scan bias. I play virtually all of the hit-scan. Widow, Soldier, McCree, Sombra, Tracer. Really, the only hit-scan that I do not play are in the other classes (tank/support) and Bastion. So take my stance with a grain of salt. But I want Reaper to stay hit-scan.

No, we don’t need another hitscan.

We need to
A) Fix his shadowstep and fix his spread
or
B) Rework and delete Shadow Step, and give him an ability that makes him more viable as a frontline buster (but can still be countered by range). His kit needs some spice.

Honestly, I still use Shadow Step as a frontline Reaper. You go off on a pseudo-flank from high-ground, think Gibraltar, and you can come at the tank from an angle to create some space. Beyond that, without the ability to get to the high-ground, his match-up against Widow gets worse.

I am down if the new ability lets him get to high-ground, otherwise, I prefer buffing SS.

No, what Reaper needs is the ability to get close safely with one ability, and then get back safely with a different ability.

For instance, make ShadowStep into a good retreat ability.

1 Like

You can try for yourself what this would feel like by playing Doomfist

Hint: it’s crap. Doomfist manages by having 3 different cooldowns/setups to help him land shots.

This week on: This guy didn’t read the post

2 Likes

Sort of. I feel as though wraith is his escape, you effectively use Shadow Step to get in and I feel as though I read somewhere that the developers did not want SS to be instant because you could just teleport in the middle of a team and ultimate. That being said, that tactic would be far less powerful in the context of a modern Overwatch; however, I suppose I understand their concern. I think wraith being the approach is just going to be perceived as unfair and make Reaper annoying like virtually every other flanker. It would suck having no counter-play to a close range hero… Coming into close range. You know?

yeah but Doomfist’s shotgun is just terrible for it’s dmg and reload time

I mean, hovering forward a little faster on Reaper, versus what Doomfist can do…

On walls would be sick! It would be awesome to teleport onto a wall really high up and land with a death blossom out of nowhere!

1 Like

It is not about the speed. It is that he is fully invincible.

Well how about this idea:

The second half of Reaper ShadowStep is invincible.

Making it bad for retreat, good for attack, and it also gives a longish time period for enemies to run away.

For 3 seconds, with no regen, no dmg, just slow movement.

Compare that to other invincible things, wraith is kinda meh

I read your post. I’m responding to the title which posed a question. Maybe change the title if you don’t want a response to it?

Reaper has hitscan. I’m asking should he keep it or get projectiles.

You answered as if I asked the opposite