Dear Symmetra mains: SYMMETRA'S BEAM HAS 195 DPS

but there’s video evidence…

how else would you explain symmetra dealing 2000 damage in 11.9 seconds? I did They buffed Symmetra's primary fire...for real this test 3 months ago and got 195. The wiki said 192 which is close enough. It got changed to 195 too.

i’m still not over it

don’t touch me with your bogus hard light bologna you filthy peasant

If I ever catch in my games, I’ll make sure to TP all 3 of my turrets directly on your head

1 Like

Most Symm mains are only going by what the Devs have been said or posted about the damage!

Why would they hide this info from us? By simply adding it in the patch note will clarify this and probably stop so many symm mains from asking for a beam damage buff!
Cant blame them for being oblivious when the official info are saying its 60/120/180.

not if i shoot u in the face first :slight_smile:

the devs actually originally said that sym’s beam was 65/130/195. Symmetra Rework: Defense or Support? - #5 by ƑĿǞŊƘĬŊǦZƐŊǃ-1912

Idk what happened. Either a stealth buff or they messed up the patch notes for the rework.

It’s definitely 195 now tho.

Thats good!

She should have had this from the start yet for some reason they made some stealth buff that werent in the patch notes.
Im still mad that the orbs are not traveling in 30.

They really need to clear this up tho!

1 Like

Maybe Papa Jeff will come down from the heavens and confirm.

Conclusion: Sym should be buffed

Sometimes they mess up patch notes and leave things out.

For tick rates maybe. Have they ever changed damage before and not put it in patchnotes?

Rein’s TTK Symmetra is so short, shooting him is going to get you killed before you put a dent in Rein. Symmetra has a charge up mechanic. No sane player is ever going to allow her to build it up.

Until confirmed officially I’m still going to say its 180DPS. The wiki doesn’t even list the tickrate anymore so we have no idea what that is either.

ok but like
who… cares

180 or 195

she’s still too squishy to fully utilize it, and 15/s doesn’t change much of anything that actually matters for her

i don’t understand why this is such a big debate

180 or 195 maximum DPS does not really matter when you are dead the beam need a higher minimum DPS

But I gave video proof. And I tested it myself months ago. Hell you can test it yourself with a bunch of Tanks and a stop watch.

Why are people ignoring hard evidence?

I dont wanna engage this talk on the numbers, but something this video also highlights is what you get at the end for literally just aiming at shields, the lvl3 beam.

And something that I’m unsure why not many people also don’t know, the beam doesn’t consume ammo on shields, it recharges it instead. If you have some sort of coordination with your team and the enemy is running a few tanks, you’re up for some real good DPS on specific maps.

But as someone might have said

You often end up dead if your team doesn’t fit with Symmetra. But you can make it work like I said with some team composition and map knowledge.

I decided to post this because I saw a thread yesterday saying Zarya’s full charge beam is stronger than Sym’s full charge beam, and using it to argue that Sym’s beam should be stronger. Well it actually is (though not by much).

Except that Sym’s range is less than Zarya still… so it doesn’t really matter.

IKR? They said in the rework posts that she was going to have orbs moving at 30mps and then these things came out

2 Likes