Dear lord Wrecking Ball is annoying

They then said they regretted this original philosophy, now understand that people choose mains and don’t want to swap all the time, and are trying to move away from the philosophy.

Cute.

Point is if an obnoxious character is only made not-obnoxious by the use of 2 of the most obnoxious characters in the game who serve as his only real answer… That’s just annoying.

Annoying annoying annoying.

This isn’t a PhD level balance discussion, this is about how bloody obnoxious Hammond is. You’re in denial if you disagree.

5 Likes

They also said they want heroes to have “glaring weaknesses”. It’s the main reason for example why Ana has poor mobility, poor self heal and the need for others to peel for her.

1 Like

It’s why Baptiste has low self sustain.

Also his exo boots can be a help or hinder him with snipers around.

The new characters have rather blatant weaknesses.

IDK about that, the more I play the game, the more Heroes I’m using and enjoying.

At first I was a Torbjorn main (don’t judge me, he’s awesome) , now I would safely say I’m a flex main, mostly support or tank to round out comps normally.

I think the problem ends up being people just cling steadfast to a hero or plan even if it’s not working.

“If i can just hit my ult …” etc

1 Like

Symmetra isnt annoying??

1 Like

My source on that statement.

1 Like

Doomfist just wasn’t irritating enough so they decided to re-release him as a tank.

4 Likes

BTW, those boots belong to Ana – a gift from her daughter. Give them back!!

The crouch/jump mechanism was one of the wishes Ana mains proposed and hoped to get when she was still a troll pick during dive.

That just goes to show you that if you forward a good idea to help a hero in need the DEVs will just as likely use that idea to build another hero. Kinda sucks.

Sigh

The thing that I think is funny is when people say “BuT hAmMoNd Is A mAiN tAnK” but the only time he’s effective is if he comes in for a flying flank, piledrives, shoots a very short bit, and the runs off…

Because that’s what a “main tank” is apparently… Something that goes on crazy flanks and immediately leaves straight afterwards…

5 Likes

Courtyard and Snitch! :stuck_out_tongue:

Symmetra is countered by the majority of the roster. She doesn’t require specific heroes to take her out. Any ranged DPS will deal with her fine. Winston deals with her fine. Hanzo Widow Sombra and Pharah decimate her. She doesn’t require CC to counter her.

Sym shouldn’t be annoying if you’re good at the game.

1 Like

Why… can’t it be? You appear to have a very narrow definition on what makes a “main tank.” Ball can still co-ordinate dives with his team, soak lots of damage and aggro, etc. A “main tank” doesn’t have to stand in a choke with a big glowing barrier.

A main tank is designed to take sustained aggro and allow for damage mitigation, Hammond can’t do either (or he’s just feeding).

2 Likes

A main tank makes space for his team to operate in. An off tank enforces the space made. It’s not about shield but function.

Hammond is a main when he’s constantly disrupting the enemy plans — not allowing them to group up and breaking their stride to give your team room to make picks.

Same too, Rheinhardt ceases to be a main tank when he isn’t protecting anything and goes glory-heart instead of providing space for the people behind him.

Debating whether or not WB is a main tank or not is like the 2019 version of does Moira have a lock on or not

5 Likes

Sooo… Mei’s a tank too? How about Reaper? How about Widow? They all fill that job too.

Is Winston a main tank?

Not exactly. They don’t make space for the team to operate in.

The vid I attached by Jayne covers the topic really well.

Citation pl0x? I’ve never seen him used as anything other than a main tank in professional matches. Surely they’ve not been using him wrong for the past however-many-months-its-been.

That’s pretty much my point, these labels that people throw around so much are basically meaningless when applied to Overwatch.

But yes, they all make space. Next you’re going to tell me Junk can’t “make space”.

Some more good vids.