Dear hanzo players

The fact that he gets random kills sometimes makes him just unlikable. Most of them spam the choke and get a kill and spam arrows are also pretty forgiving. I dont like him. Not OP but I hate him.

1 Like

The thing that most players strongly object to about Hanzo (and Junkrat) is the proliferation of unintended, accidental kills, not the size of the projectile, which has always been an esoteric, uninformed argument.

funny thing is, thats the job of a projectile hero.

you spam corners to try and get free kills. youd do it on hanzo, zen, lucio, kiriko, genji, junkrat, pharah ect ect

a hitscans job is to be consistent and deal dmg to people out in the open, while the projectile heroes job is to just deal dmg and maybe finish people off.

1 Like

That’s the thing about him and Widow, They did not lose the aspect of their kits that is fundamentally broken. Their primary, long range ohks have always been the issue. They could recieve buffs and reworks overall to their kits with the removal of their ohks (or limited to ults/cooldowns) but people are against it because they would rather keep their broken one-shots than have the characters feel better, overall. A good Hanzo/Widow would still be good without their one-shots but people don’t want counterplay, they want to be able to send others back to spawn as easily as possible, they don’t care about balance.

Hanzo is not mediocre, a lot of Hanzo players are mediocre.

1 Like

Junkerqueen’s knife is 5 times larger than Hanzo’s arrow. As a comparison.

This is still ignoring that Hanzo’s projectiles can one shot you while others cannot

For a one shot, it’s way too large. For a two shot it’s still way too large. Ignoring the damage capability of his arrows is the hardest cope I’ve ever seen

2 Likes

To compare hanzos arrow hit box to accretion is a bit disingenuous.

One fires once every 10 second, the other is fully charged for a little bit over double the damage every .732 seconds

Oops, got accretions damage wrong, fixed it.

It was still the smallest projectile in the game (until Sojourn happened).

If you make it even smaller it makes very little difference. The majority of the Log vibes it gives off are not due to the size of the projectile, but the size of the player head hitboxes.

Yes the interaction between them is the problem.

The large character hitboxes no longer seem appropriate in a game like ow2 where there’s less shields and it’s apparently supposed to be more skill based.

Widow Hanzo, and Sojourn are the worst offenders of this. They’re not good, but it still doesn’t mean being killed by them is fair

I don’t think Hanzo was ever broken in OW1. People grossly misunderstood things like “luck” and said things like “Spamming head height is luck and shouldn’t be in the game”.

Plus, people only seem to dive him when his Storm Arrows are ready to be used, and then they complain about that. Instead of, I don’t know, forcing him to use SA and then jumping on him.

Legitimately, people blame Hanzo for their own bad playing.

1 Like

Or directly from the developer’s post.

Yeah I always hit people with the facts, hanzo actually has the smallest projectile in the game. People just hate dying to one shots, thats all it really is. Walking near a choke and getting head shotted is a trigger because they don’t know how to counter hanzo. Thankfully sojourn is so broken that she has singlehandedly made hanzo and widow look balanced lol

Remember, in the future bows beat guns but boulders are weak cos throwing rocks is obsolete. /s

While Hanzo is an abomination for multiple reasons, I don’t think his arrow hitboxes is one of them anymore.

It was once, but wasn’t it nerfed way back? It’s still “projectile wide” which could innately be seen as a problem but you shouldn’t be worrying as much about janky hitreg. Sojourn has a worse hitbox on her railshot.

Not sure I would quantify it as ‘esoteric’. Being somewhat ignorant of projectile sizes, especially since it’s not a commonly understood “thing” is something that people have to put up with and unless its heard from the word of god themselves (read: Blizzard), players would be understandably skeptical.

It’s tied with the smallest projectile in the game, at least in Overwatch 1. Multiple heroes have projectiles as small as Hanzo’s arrows, Genji and Junkrat included.

With no movement acceleration, the ‘phantom’ sizes of the character hitboxes need to be large enough to account for speed of the game.

As pointed out above, they’re the same size; with Sojourn’s starting out smaller.

While this is good evidence, the skeptic in me would prefer to wait until more evidence is discovered. It is strange, though, that they would shrink the hitboxes of projectiles even further for OW2. I thought they would’ve wanted the game to be more appealing to all players.

Sorry, to clarify, I am talking about her hitscan alt-fire. It’s worse simply because its hitscan AND has a massive hitbox for headshots. It’s one of the few things that makes Hanzo the good guy in comparison.

Yeah, and again as shown in the above picture, that is what they’re talking about there.

At 1 charge, the hitscan projectile hitbox is .02 and scales up to .1 at 100 charge.

When are you really going to fire a railgun shot at 1 charge? It’s like plip-firing with Hanzo!

Yeah, no way. But the point is that the railgun scales up to .1 full charge. It takes about 20 connected shots to get that high.

Additionally, up until after 30% charge the maximum damage the railgun charged shot can do is 30 damage. I fiddled with this back in beta, and due to the delay (and tiny hitbox) there’s no real point in trying to run charged shots all game. Just isn’t worth it.

I disagree. You are confusing a general ignorance of a mechanical component with an objection. Yes, lots of folks don’t understand projectile hitboxes. Very few people express objection to it