Dear blizzard, please stop changing the entire game

I don’t agree with your comment, but I do think it’s really well thought through and you have a lot of good reasoning.

But the reason I disagree is that OW1 went through phases. Early Overwatch was very fast paced. It was actually a lot like early Overwatch 2 except more chaotic. It was later that it slowed way down. I personally didn’t like the slower pace that Overwatch took later. I do enjoy the current gameplay. So I’m concerned because I see history repeating itself and I didn’t like it the first go around.

Bro had you do all the work instead of looking it up themselves. Good on you for doing it lol.

3 Likes

That’s because the tank roster is very low in number, we also had a bunch of cc back then as well.
Now, there is Doomfist being a tank, and the addition of Junkerqueen, Ram, Mauga, and rework Orisa making the tank roster more diverse than having only 3 viable tanks with 3 effing shields in the front.

Tanks can be fun if they know how to design it, not a shield bot.
Personally, I believe they hit the jackpot with Junkerqueen tank design.

People take the “leak” at face value for whatever reason

The patch is one big mess and addresses nothing and causes more problem than it fix
I would be not surprised if that was just an internal testing to see how certain parameters affect the game

Wake me up when they finish the story mode, I want to play with the heroes with all that toxic competitive 24/7 player base they even called Monsters Hunter a competitive game.
“It’s about having the best gear and being the best.”
Dude never did answer my question on what to do afterwards and rather will he use is so called best ever status to help other players.

My god what an absolutely absurd quote.

Even if they did that… It would still probably be less popular than the other roles.

Tanking in all games tends to be the least popular role because not everyone likes the gameplay loop or responsibility associated with it.

1 Like

Maybe if the playerbase didn’t start screaming “ANTI-FUN!” when any non-barrier tank (except maybe Zarya, depending on how much we consider her bubbles “barriers”) was meta…

maybe because they don’t know how to make tanks fun

:man_shrugging:

You think adding health to everyone is supposed to combat the amount of sustain in this game?

Wow, no, they did that because the high amounts of damage in the game.

devs seem like the kind of people given the choice between having 80% of the playerbase happy and 20% unhappy would rather have 100% unhappy in order to be ‘‘fair’’.

Dam girl, you pulled out the receipts!

2 Likes

Higher Queue times were introduced by RQ, which because most of post launch heroes had some kind of counterplay to dictate limits to tanks:

Brig, doom, ana, bap, sombra, ashe, moira, echo were really impactful on how tanks were played

While RQ itself was reflect of both OWL(goats), those heroes being added and most of americans not wanting to play other roles aside dps.

They made tanks to become unfun, both due CC not being reduced on tanks, which could be a thing. Most of my time played was a tank.

Tank were fun to play until you got in a team that Pretty much you only kept taking hits and locked in sequential CC. Paired with heroes nullifying any impact they did.

Healing creep tried to address that and made stuff worse, due tanks took even more time to die and experienced that for longer times.

They needed to make changes to the game, RQ wasn’t the best solution for it. Which were proven by increase of queue times and because they didn’t got rid of counters for the change make sense. Due introducing more main heroes across the

While they improved queue times reducing tanks, the queue time still got high, due dps making supports miserable in 5v5. So, while queue times had potential to improve in 5v5, just shifted the bottleneck to another role. Until they introduced more CC, more heroes and dps heroes in the support but also by broadening their range on matchmaking.

Meaning, 6v6 could had been done, they just took a shortcut to a wall that they should had climbed to begin with.

The trinity thing, only becomes true if the system got messed up.

CC balanced stuff, similarly to having 2 tanks. The issue were the CC not being targeted on DPS/Sup, but on tanks instead. Having one less tank, made DPS be more free and because they also reduced the CC, made supports miserable.

Instead of simply reducing the effect or simply making tanks ignore certain CC, like fortify on orisa proves that. Rog still suffers from ana’s nade but kiriko counter plays it.

Showing that CC should had been kept on supports, that when they did, queue times started to improve.

Jeff also said, 5v5 felt wrong some years ago and never had a good experience too. Which even on Blizzcon he mentioned the goal of keeping 6v6.

Tanks resistant to certain CC, dps with good damage, supports with good CC/buffs/debuffs. That way the queue times would been kept fine also wouldn’t be needed RQ.

Even Jeff showed that after removing Classic QP/ Open comp those modes were popular on most places and regions even not being main modes, being often the most non-main modes being played in the game. With often 20%+ of the playerbase playing both modes combined, which represented often nearly equal or higher than main modes individually on most regions/plataforms. While NA and NX being the major outliers on the data presented about modes popularity.

If you think particularly on competitive point of view 5v5 makes sense, but casual play doesn’t.

Both RQ and Open had it’s upsides and downsides. While 5v5 and 6v6 also.

They did several experiments, which also is why Jeff didn’t wanted to go 5v5 until the leadership changed.

Either if 5v5 or 6v6 we will not know if is overall better or until have them side by side. While 5v5 feels more aligned towards competitive and 6v6 more aligned towards casual.

RQ tho, increased the queue times and made folks be more specialized than Open. But also didn’t had similar grounds to be comparated.

All 4 of them has it’s own flaws, which is why. I often mention why not have all of them with different goals and approaches, catering towards different crowds. Go wild on some and make others more towards competition. If 5v5 RQ doesn’t feel fun on comp try 4v4 or simply go 5 dps. What they need are diverse kind of modes with aim to different crowds.

Is free to play game afterall. Why not increase the playercount and mold organically a competitive crowd alongside with folks spending money in the game they have modes that enjoy to play.

Which aligns with “Microsoft goals” of game pass and stuff like that.

False. It was never give as a reason nor affected queue times as much as loosening the MMR to a point where matchmaking is almost nonexistent.

3 Likes

What this has to do with 5v5?

You said 5v5 did not happen do to queue times.

And then Aurora litteary linked where they did a experiment reducing tanks to 1, to help with queue times.

Now 5v5 didnt only happen because of queue times, but it was at least a factor in why they went to 5v5

4 Likes

That is just moving the goalpost considering what they were testing wasn’t even 5v5 but 1-3-2.

Thanks for that.

Why are you getting snarky just because I asked for a source? :roll_eyes: forumers.

1 Like

And if you look at 1-3-2 and 1-2-2, both of them have 1 tank.

Yes its not a 1:1 test.

But they tested changing the role queue format to help deal with queue times. And that intailed reducing tank to 1 as the % of tank players is less then DPS/supports.

Changing role queue format to better match the player distrabution to help quetimes is what that test is about.

And 1-2-2 better matches the player distrabution then 2-2-2.

5v5 had many reason for why it was done. one of which was quetimes.

5 Likes