De-Ranked after winning + lack of rank ups

No joke I just won my second round of the required 5 games in comp, and I was deranked from plat 1 to plat 4 after WINNING. Not only that, but I have had the issue where every time I’ve won my required games, it keeps me in the same rank.

I should be in masters with the amount I’ve actually won:

Plat 5 → Plat 5
Plat 4 → Plat 4 → Plat 4
Plat 3 → Plat 3
Plat 2 → Plat 2
Plat 1 → Plat 1 → PLAT 4???

please please please for the love of all that is still good about this game at least address this issue!!! like please recognize this is obviously a mutation of the bronze bug - I’ve seen nothing about it from the devs and yet it’s obviously something that affects people. Like what happened to “being more transparent” about things? I understand not every issue is going to get attention but this is a HUGE FREAKING BUG that is negatively affecting not only my will to play, but my actual ability as well. it is so demoralizing to win all these games and play great and then either not go anywhere or get PUNISHED? like holy hell thats horrible - this is a major bug that needs to be fixed asap

5 Likes

same here, i won 4 times the 5 matches and im still blocked in bronze 4

1 Like

The 5 win 15 loss system doesn’t preventing your true rank from changing it just prevents you from being able to see it changing. Assuming your win-loss ratio is exactly 1, your rank shouldn’t change. Rank adjustment is purely based on wins and losses and not individual performance so if you are winning more than you are losing, then you should climb ranks and vice versa. You might also be experiencing either the bug that prevents your rank from being adjusted or the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this thread would be greatly appreciated.

up up up up up

maybe if all the top reports are about this theyll see how impactful this bug is

2 Likes

I do understand the way the system is supposed to work - i meant that after winning my carts of 5 and feeling like i played well and enjoyed the games, im not rewarded for winning like I’m meant to. it makes the drive to play comp non-existent and it makes me feel as if all my effort is pointless and i shouldnt even try - that was what i was getting at. but thanks for the info on the mega thread - i’ll take a look

1 Like

From what I can tell, impactful bugs are determined by the how interacted a post is and not about the sheer number of posts. Not that there’s any correlation between number of highly interacted posts and an issue’s chance of being fixed. But anything to spread the word is better than leaving these issues unaddressed.

Ah I wasn’t entirely certain from the way you worded your post so I was just making sure. I feel the exact same way, there’s just no point in playing competitive if the games are not competitive until the Devs fix these issues. And thanks for checking out the post, any help in spreading the word would be appreciated.

same problem. winning 5 matches in a row or most games. loosing rank every time. plat 5 to gold 5 now. open queue and role queue same.

1 Like

So I have a question. Me and a friend of mine play Comp and She was initially gold 4, Now we have had matches were we won all 5 in our division and while I rank up she goes down. I don’t understand how that works, and currently she has dropped into bronze rank after we have won all 5 matches. Can someone explain what is going on?

1 Like