DDOSSING In Top 500 on Xbox HAS To be Dealt With

I want to preface this post by saying that I absolutely love overwatch and the competitive environment.

Now I would like to point out that the amount of DDossing I see in my games is utterly sickening. I’ve seen other forum posts like this and the devs typically respond to the OP saying things like “It’s likely a connection issue.” THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

Blizzard… I Beg you. Take a look at the top 100 players on Xbox, Check their previous games. You will see a trend of player disconnections following them all the way up the leaderboard.

I follow tons of them on twitter, where they publicly brag about ddossing other players. Now I am prepared to drop a list of players I know 100% for a fact are guilty of doing this.

Gamer tags:
Sweat Kabob
XJaymong
Shai
Aeeky
Ohziy
Nukksterr
Myodori

There are MANY MANY MORE.
PLEASE BLIZZARD DO SOMETHING…

I cannot play the game I love, 1/2 of my games are ruined by this.

6 Likes

I completely feel this. I love this game so much and I can’t play it. I get banned and lose 50 sr routinely due to DDOSers.

I don’t think this is as much of a problem in low ranks, but I cannot go 2 games without it in GM. I am not exaggerating. Literally 50% or more of my games have DDOSing happening in them.

It is not a connection issue. I do not need a definition of what DDOSing is. It is blatantly obvious when your team wins a round and then the enemy team knocks off one of your teammates so that it’s a 5v6, and you are conveniently held offline until the game is over, so you can’t rejoin. I am begging the Overwatch devs to please care about console Overwatch. I know pc Overwatch is the golden child but PLEASE. This issue is making it completely unplayable in GM/Top 500. Half of top 500 is wintraders and DDOSers. It makes me so sick. It’s so cringey that they think they’re good when they cheat their way to the top 100.

I can also back up the statement that a lot of these players publicly brag about DDOSing on Twitter and how they know they won’t get banned or face any consequences.

Please do something about this. I don’t want to stop playing this game, but my playtime has decreased probably 90% because I can’t take it. I’m just saving up money for a pc at this point. Please help Overwatch devs. I don’t need a lesson in DDOSing. I need you to investigate accounts that always magically seem to go against enemy teams that lose a player.

2 Likes

The devs never actually respond to people on the comp forums. I don’t blame them for it one bit.

Take it up with Xbox/Microsoft the ddos issue is an Xbox issue. There’s literally nothing Blizzard can do about it when it’s an issue that is both related to Xbox hardware and Xbox live.

Putting a list of players will only get your own post taken down and yourself silenced on here. If you really want anyone to see the post you’re better off just taking it down.

Just tweet it at or email Blizzard yourself if you want to go through the trouble of compiling a full list. They’re never going to see it here.

Once again you guys really need to go to Microsoft/Xbox about this issue. I never see it get pointed at them and the best tools to solve it are in their hands, not Blizzards. Microsoft and Xbox live are the core of the issue here.

The players ips getting leaked on websites and people ddosing on their network is literally something Xbox is at the biggest risk for because it effects everyone on any online game they have for the console. If enough people make a fuss about it to Microsoft maybe they’d actually put effort into better hiding the console ips for people and crack down on the websites releasing data for their users.

Though even then it’s doubtful since Microsoft has been pushing their Xbox games and services to be useable on pc so even they seem to care less about their own console.

1 Like