Damn overwatch now has 120 fps if you enable it on xbox

damn overwatch now has 120 fps if you enable it on xbox

ht tps://www.kotaku.com.au/2021/03/overwatch-120-fps-xbox-series-x-s-patch/

You have to lower the resolution but at least it has 120 fps now

• “Resolution” : This mode prefers higher-resolution output at the cost of some image-quality (Series X: 4K @ 60Hz, Series S: 1440p @ 60Hz)

• “Balanced” : This mode prefers image-quality at the cost of resolution (Series X: 1440p @ 60Hz, Series S: 1080p @ 60Hz)

• “Framerate” : This mode prefers higher frame-rate at 120 frames-per-second at the cost of both image-quality and resolution (Series X: 1440p @ 120Hz, Series S: 1080p @ 120Hz)

1 Like

nice. it’s not possible to aim well below 100hz, so getting that number up is a big win (though I’m not sure if you can really aim at a high level with a controller anyway)

1 Like

Why isn’t it that a lot of people can barely (If they can at all) tell the difference between 60 Hz and 120 Hertz anyway. 60 frames per second it’s all ready pretty good, 120 is like a luxury

Micro stutter? I think even though you can’t see it, the game does, and the more frames you have (and less dropped frames) means your movements will be more smooth and precise. Something like that.

All you need to Aim well is a framerate fast enough to predict and see targets which could even be as low as 30fps.

Yes at 100hz your brain will have more clear and quick information which will make things a lot easier but at lower fps good players can compensate for a lesser framerate.

As for controllers vs other controllers yea you can aim at a high level.

Google “Linus Does High FPS make you a better gamer” and see the results of their testing. There are many other tests that prove you can see the difference even at 240fps+ (UFO test)

Ik plenty of people, as well as myself who can tell the difference between 60 and 144.

1 Like

i went from 60 to 144 and the difference is insane, i cannot speak for 120 as i have never played on that, but 144 is a dream to play on, can only imagine what 240 would be like

1 Like

I used to think this way, but once you get used to 120+ you will literally cringe on 60 FPS… its terrible.

It really depends on the type of TV you’re running the game on whether you get any value from increasing your FPS to 120. Most TVs aren’t equipped to push that many frames or have great input fidelity.

It’s awesome for people to have this option but please make sure your TV is set up to handle it!

I don’t know man I barely discovered the wheel yesterday :thinking: I never seen 120fps. You ever heard of fire though? that stuff is pretty lit. :fire:

what is this wheel you speak of?

1 Like

probably the communication wheel.

It was supposed to be a caveman joke

Its harder to tell with Tv and controller, since analog stick itself has input lag and smoothing effect. On PC, even 144hz to 240hz is a massive difference, and 60hz feel unplayable if you used to 144hz or higher. You might not able to tell when watching those fraamerate difference, but you definally can feel the difference when aiming with a mouse.

Well as far as the options in OverWatch you could remove smoothing. Although I have it turned on a little bit as I found it helps against little accident micro movements, though I am aware it is basically input lag. It’s not like you can aim all that well with controller anyway, although there are some people on console who apparently can. Yet how they aim so we’ll is beyond me.

i gathered that :slight_smile:

Now if only they added mouse and keyboard support to Xbox and let us play comp in PC lobbies :sob: