D.va nerf is bad

D.Va is the first hero dropped from Goats comps, she’s the least important hero in that comp. Before Brig teams tried running triple and quad tanks comps and they just were not reliable. Brig made Goats work.

22 Likes

I’m speaking from across the ladder. They have a higher winrate and pickrate than d.va. I don’t think any of them needed nerfs

5 Likes

it is true we play mccree over her since the fan buff

Also also while I’m here: they did the thing where they indirectly nerfed D.Va at the same time thru blanket armor nerfs and huge reaper buffs. Don’t think people will realize how big this can be. But werk.

13 Likes

Hey look at the bright side! You wont have to worry about running out of matrix since you will demech before you get a second chance to use it

40 Likes

They just RECENTLY said they had no plans, too. Like this is record time. This seems really rushed. It’s quite heavy handed.

12 Likes

Nope, Reinhardt is. D.va has over 85%~90% pick rates during world cup and contenders, Reinhardt pretty much got replaced by Winston and had below 35% pickrates. Why would you nerf a character that’s barley picked and leave the other one that’s near a must pick?

I’m really am sorry for D.va, she’s one of my tanks after all, but I know that 90% pickrates is insane. Thank god the developers know what they are doin’, balancing the game according to their collected data from the pros is the way to do it.

I’m not concerned about d.va, because the moment she start to not perform well they would buff her I’m sure.

3 Likes

True, but Lucio is even higher than D.va (although, he hasn’t been high for as long as D.va has) and he’s the most important hero in the game for allowing GOATs comp to function. Lucio hasn’t been nerfed, probably because… nobody’s really complained about Lucio.

Pickrates undoubtably have some sway in balancing, but what has more sway is simply what people want changed.

1 Like

Ah yes. OWL. Tons of teams who train day and night together to optimize efficiency and strategies with each other down to pin point accuracy. The data from there totally represents the actual player base.

21 Likes

It may not represent the majority of the player base, but it sure as hell show case how strong the heroes of Overwatch are. To me D.va never been a problem, none of the tanks is, but she’s the most problematic if I had to pick one.

…looks like I’ll be picking Reaper *sigh *

I’m fine with the nerf.

They need to turn 100 of her HP into armor though, to make up for the armor nerf to her already fragile mech.

2 Likes

Too bad armor was just blanket nerfed too amirite. I feel REALLY bad for Orisa too.

13 Likes

Yeah I kind of figured everyone would be dramatic about this. The nerf isn’t that bad. A little more downtime between DMs and now you need to think more about how you use the ability. When used properly it still counters the same ultimates it always has. And maybe instead of flash DMing while you disengage, you need to hold it.

Dear lord, she still dives, she can still defend Hog hooks, she can still eat Zarya ultimate. Relax folks.

It shows how strong the characters can be under extremely uncommon circumstances. Back when I was super competitive I was masters with D.Va and I made tons of mistakes with her. I tried my best but I dont play with teams and rarely did i duo queue. Strategies used online with strangers have to be simple and quick since there is 0 time to explain and 0 time to practice with random players before a match. Playing a character to the efficiency that is shown in OWL is borderline impossible

8 Likes

Increasing cooldown like this will mandate holding down the dm for the most effectiveness, which is not always optimal.

11 Likes

that meta was not grav dragon. the meta was double sniper, and it only lasted a few weeks. god forbid dva isn’t in one meta for a couple of weeks. Shes good at everything which is why she needed a nerf.

1 Like

I might just be done. I’m a bit sick of these types of changes. I’m going to need a little time to reflect because right now I am just angry.

Armor being nerfed combined with the completely pointless change to DM just makes Zarya the uncontested best off tank by a mile. Roadhog will probably be slightly better, and D.Va will be a ton worse. Zarya will be in every game just like she already is.

And this is also a nerf to Hammond and Orisa who absolutely didn’t need a nerf! It’s insane that they didn’t get buffs!

Honestly, they keep trying to balance a game that cannot be balanced without role limits.

• Just sick of D.Va and getting blamed for everything.
  • I’m sick of tanks getting the short end of the stick whenever supports are too strong. This is a nerf to 5 of the 7 tanks. Just nerf a whole class I guess.
  • And I’m really tired of people trying to force the tank buster role on Reaper. Even after all of this he will still be trash at that role and everyone will wonder why.
21 Likes

And why does tracer need indirect buffs anyway?

Dva was already the only character capable of blocking tracer from completely chewing through everything in your team because her counters do not exist. Now tracer will chew through dva as well without being able to feather dm and tracer getting a buff on crits versus armor. Feathering dm versus tracer’s clips was REALLY FRIKKEN IMPORTANT interaction. Losing that means you can’t protect supports, much less yourself anymore.

All we needed ofc is smurf tracers running around willy nilly destroying everyone. Just lovely day.

21 Likes

I forgot: this does RUIN the tracer-d.va dm-reload timing interaction. It also fudges her synergy with Winston more.

Did you try it yet? I’m hoping it’s not as bad as it sounds

Can someone confirm that recharge still starts after one second? Or is that starting at two now? That’d also be a recharge time nerf.

2 Likes