D.VA needs to be buffed

Easy. Echo’s special ability will be converting enemy barriers to your own or walking up and literally biting a chunk out of them.

Or like, what if Echo’s bullets tore a temporary hole in any shield they hit? that’d be pretty rad.

Edit: I also had this idea for a mid-range omnic character like way when the game launched that I posted on the character idea reddit. He had 2 pile bunkers on his arms that punctured and did extra damage to barriers. His ult was a big spinning bunker buster bullet that would stop on barriers but start to ramp up in damage until the barrier was removed at which time It’d continue to shoot forward until it hit a real wall.

The more it charged up spinning on a barrier the more damage it would do to anything else it hit.

1 Like

They nerfed D.Va for goats when she wasn’t even the lynchpin of it. It still boggles my mind. If sigma was introduced at the start of GOATS, D.Va wouldn’t be picked at all for the whole meta

8 Likes

lol what are you smoking

1 Like

Pretty sure that is sarcasm based on the posting history.

lolk, I was worried. some people seem to really think she’s actually op right now.

False. Josh Noh said it himself.

not all changes over the last year were directly targeted at affecting the 3-3 GOATS meta (eg. Soldier, McCree, Junkrat buffs).”

So some changes were aimed at goats, just like Josh says further in his comment:

The goal of the changes that actually were aimed at GOATS was not to kill it entirely but to weaken it enough, without destroying the individual heroes, that other new comps could arise to compete with it.”

3 Likes

Except they did it with D.Va. She is just as delicate as a flower. She gets melted no matter what you do, it doesn’t even matter if your healers are taking care fo you. She has no sustain. She’s lost her tankiness and yes those nerfs were pointed to affect goats. Clear as water.

She needs some love but I guess we just have to wait. I’m hoping for a big balance patch. Many heroes need buffs, QoL changes or tweaks.

3 Likes

not really, shes super hard to kill, using mobility and using cover you can survive pretty easy, ialways have gold damage/lease deaths on my team as dva

huh? super hard to kill lol what??? What game are you playing buddy? SR? Platform? many aspects can lead you to that conclusion…
Having gold dmg as dva and not dying in this meta tells me pretty much where you play…

I think they’ve resorted to reverse psychology…

2 Likes

How is D.Va hard to kill? She melts the second the enemy team starts to push. Since she got no real shield she can’t defend herself nor her team members.

She needs buffs, right now I just hate having her in my team because she is nothing but an ult battery to the enemy team and takes forever to heal because she just constantly is on critical health due to her lack of a shield but still insanely big hitbox.
Lately I see many Moiras 1v1 D.Vas because they start to realize that this character is no threat at all, they just stand there and slowly destroy her while not even taking real damage. Heck, even as Mercy I can often easily take on a D.Va.

1 Like

Yeah if it is 222 using dva to counter pharah means you cant use Zarya or Sigma or Roadhog
I personally think Sigma shouldn’t be in that list however, Dva has to be looked

no thanks she always been meta until recently, just wait for blizz to make a decision

A-, got me slightly mad until I saw your name but you still only got 1 angry reply.

Good troll.

Until recently? More like half a year ago.

High time for dva to become back to a viable char so winston can be dragged out of the mud and we can dive this doubleshield comp once again.

6 Likes

Yeah, you had some highly ranked players trying to deflect blame from brig on dva. They called witch on Dva, and Dva got burnt on the stake with Brig, except Brig was the real witch, and has staved off the fires, managing to be playable despite the rework and nerfs, while Dva, a mere mortal is turned to ashes.

Exactly. I was telling myself this yesterday. I said to myself, “why do I feel like I live longer in Baby Dva form or with any other hero way longer than I do in mech?” Obviously like you said, her massive hitbox, massive critbox, matrix which has been nerfed many times over, and her armor nerf long ago have finally taken their toll, and now she’s super easy to kill.

1 Like

I always thought Zarya was the center piece to GOATs. She was the primary damage dealer and brought the graviton which was the fight winner. D’va was just a third tank they used for bomb and to try to eat gravs. Not sure why they’d nerf D’va to help deal with GOATs.

6 Likes

By now it’s fair to not believe most statements that devs put out.

4 Likes

Devs don´t know neither, they just heard Dva eats too much gravs from some Zarya-mains from OWL…

4 Likes