D.Va is absolutely overnerfed

D.Va has received four nerfs in a row, without any buffs. I’d argue one or two of these would have been fine, but all four of them without any sort of compensation buff is too harsh, and of poor balance.

Are we only balancing for the pros? Is this so we stop seeing GOATS in the OWL? Statistically, D.Va was not overpowered. I’d argue she was balanced.

Micro Missiles

• Explosion damage reduced from 6 to 4.

Boosters

• Impact damage reduced from 25 to 10.

Defense Matrix

• Cooldown increased from 1 second to 2 seconds
  • Reduced length of Defense Matrix from 15 meters to 10 meters.

If this nerf is to stay, D.Va needs a compensation buff.

77 Likes

Perhaps we should actually wait and see?

Remember Mercy’s 14 straight nerfs? She didn’t need a compensation buff. (I forgot she got one, but we still should wait and see)

DVA may need one, but usually we actually see how the meta changes. Why buff her if she is still good, playable, or dare I say meta?

20 Likes

She got three buffs and beneficial bugs.

31 Likes

Ahh man, i wish Torb got one of those.

18 Likes

I could agree with this logic if the hero wasn’t balanced before the most recent nerf. There is no need to play “wait and see” when the hero was balanced before the nerf went live.

8 Likes

The point still stands. We need to wait and see

Oh, it’s DW lol! of course.

1 Like

That’s fair. I didn’t think she was unbalanced before the change.

Blizzard may have felt otherwise.

I don’t pay attention to the pro scene, but perhaps she was still ubiquitous over there?

1 Like

Ok I guess
Doesn’t make this nerf not unnecessary.

3 Likes

I didn’t say it did.

Classic :wink:

Dva: NeRf ThIs

Blizzard: ok

Edits: dva got what she wanted, a nerf x4

4 Likes

It would be best to not feed a troll.

Don’t tell me to swap off Widow,
Coolbreeze

Since I call you out on being statistically ignorant I’m a troll?

My feelings are so hurt…

Keep constructing your own little echo-chamber, friend.

She deserves it!1! shes been meta since s1!!! DM is broken and uncounterable1!!!

3 Likes

Meh, just pointing out that Mercy did need compensation buffs and she got multiple. It’s disingenuous to say otherwise. Nbd imo.

I didn’t say you said it did.

1 Like

You did however imply it heavily

The original point still stands regardless anyways :wink:

Unfortunately my memory isn’t perfect. Such a sad day

nbd

It’s understandable when you take a step back and see that, yes, D.Va is on a string of nerfs, and that really feels bad for D.Va players.

Don’t tell me to swap off Widow,
Coolbreeze

Nah. I was just using it as a segue to insert my overarching opinion towards the entire OP topic. Sorry I can’t divide up my post, but it’s not always about you my man.

Indeed. The visual update was all she needed even if it’s kind of uggo.

3 Likes

I never said it was all about me.

You’re really good at this DW!

Im actually kinda sick of people thinking like this. “She got a nerf this means she needs a buff” and im seeing things like “Mccree and Solider got buffs so Tracer should get buffs”.

Its absolutely irrelevant about the number off buffs or nerfs a hero has. If you think shes underpowered thats fine I think so too but saying shes had a nerf isn’t a reason for a hero getting a buff.

1 Like

The armor changes also affected her a lot.

3 Likes