Cursor stuck on screen and game reconnects for no reason

So there are two problems: 1: my mouse has been here for a long time and now it starts freezing for like 2 seconds like 3 times each game, but sometimes, about 1 time in every 3 games the mouse reconnects completely, and the cursor appears on the screen, and i have to restart to fix it (drivers are updated and usb is plugged correctly, and it happened on two different usb ports)
second problem happened literally while i wrote this topic for the first time ever – game froze and became unresponsive, then it came back for a second, and reconnected (black loading screen for 5 seconds) and then it froze again after i saw me standing exactly where i stood before it reconnected.
it could be that the game reconnecting is a one time random bug, but if im already here, i might as well ask about it.

It sounds like your mouse drivers are crashing or there is a problem with the cord that connects it. Can you post your DxDiag here since you want to troubleshoot?

Click here to show/hide DxDiag instructions
  1. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  2. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  3. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

I don’t actually think it’s related to the mouse. today I played overwatch for like 3 hours, and it happened so many times. after each time i had to relaunch the game and 5 minutes later it happened again. on the other hand, when i rage quit and went to cs:go, it did not happen! not the cursor on screen, and not the device disconnecting and reconnecting sounds i hear on overwatch ONLY.

Can you post the DxDiag so we can see what errors are actually happening in the background to cause the mouse to disconnect?

i dont know how to post (i have the dxdiag, but cant post)

I explained above :slight_smile:

Why didnt i think of that :smiley:
pastebin is wPeKWr22

By any chance, are you using Discord, or other apps that have overlays? I recommend closing all background processes, then trying Overwatch to see if it persists.

Also might be worth looking at temperatures:

If you’re overclocking your 2080TI or RAM, they can sometimes interfere.

First of all, nothing’s overheating, and second i already disabled unnecessary start up applications a long time ago, but there was the xbox game hub that was opened on my computer but i didnt use. maybe its that.

Heya Xeylo,

There’s a lot of insight we can find into what your PC is actually doing with HWMonitor. Basically, the fact that your mouse drivers are crashing indicates some kind of issue, possibly system level. The XBox game bar you’re talking about there could potentially interrupt your mouse, but it’d be highly weird for it to crash your mouse drivers. You can disable the game bar if you want, but we’ve got other deeper errors in your DXDiag as well. Looking at those errors, I think probably your CPU is overheating specifically, or drawing too much power causing your PC to panic and try to save power. USB ports are considered low priority so in the case of a power issue they are some of the first things to get shut off.

We can try about two more things in case it’s unrelated to a heat issue. The first is using a totally different SET of USB Ports. Nearby USB ports could have similar issues in case of a power issue or damaged USB hub, so if you swap to the ports on the opposite side of your PC (Assuming you have them) it may fix it. On one of my older towers I tripped over a cord and damaged a set of ports so I can only plug things into the back of the PC without wonkiness now (:cry:) - so I know it does happen. Otherwise, test a different mouse and see if the problem persists. If it doesn’t, you know you’re probably looking at a dying mouse.

If none of that works we’ll want to see what your PC is actually doing when it happens. To check for this, we do need you to grab hwmonitor and install it. Then, launch hwmonitor and play a game until you have a few of these issues. Once you get a game where it happens does, check the “max” column of your test for CPU/GPU overheating. If those are getting too hot, clean the PC and take it to a PC tech if that doesn’t fix the overheating - that’d probably mean some of the heat hardware needs maintenance or replacement.

If you don’t see anything, let’s snag some screenshots:

1. Maximize the HWMonitor window and expand all the nodes on the left
  2. Scroll all the way up
  3. Take a screenshot with the Print Screen (prtscn) key
  4. Open up the program Paint and press ctrl+v to paste in the test
  5. Crop the screen if you want to only show the test, then save it as Test1.JPG
  6. Scroll all the way down, then repeat steps 3-5.
  7. Upload them somewhere like imgur and link us to the results. We’ll use those to look for more options.

If you have link errors, copy the code below, then copy/paste your link between two ` marks, it’ll break the link and let you post it. You can just copy paste everything in the box below and replace “Link goes here” with your link.

`
Link goes here
`

Now that I think about it, about a week ago, when this bug started, i installed two application that boost games, even though i have a pretty high end pc, because game was on 40 fps on low-medium settings and it annoyed me to see that a new high end pc runs on low fps. One of them also changed the power plan. Maybe they either overheated the cpu, or just crashed the mouse drivers by closing “unnecessary background applications” that may or may not have been related to my mouse.