Crossplay update soft region locked everyone

I am from India and I played for the first time yesterday after the new patch and was constantly getting half filled matches with players leaving after losing a single team fight and got kicked out of 2 matches because of a lack of players, never encountered this problem before, checked my server and I was being put in the Middle East servers instead of singapore. Blizzard just whyyyy?

4 Likes

I am from South Africa so I will take lowest ping possible thanks! Nothing ever gets below 150 so as long as I am not thrown into Middle East with 220 instead of Europe at 160 I am happy.

1 Like

I tried blocking even all apps to not make me join Bahrain, Paris or Amsterdam, but it keeps putting me on Ams1 therefore I’m losing hope.

You could have just blocked the SEA servers. But I am happy that you at least get to play even if it’s 130ms

1 Like

Have you made both inbound and outbound rules?

I have. I’ve blocked ‘all apps’ or should I still make the rull be applied to only a certain app?

Have you read my post? The one about anti virus might have control over your firewalls and not Windows, and what DreadPirate wrote? If not, then you should go through them all.
It worked for me and I am playing in Americas, NA

IP addresses of networks, / autonomous systems are not a secret, the Internet only works because this information is public. Here’s a list for AS57976

https://bgpview.io/asn/57976#prefixes-v4

Thanks for the tip I guess from now on so am I !
I actually get better US servers with better ping than what blizzard use to give me lol…
It’s ironic others are doing their job better than them and charging us for it.

exitlag worked for me but it costs $

1 Like

i can not express how much i hate this change please just allow us to choose our preferred region blizzard i dont mind getting matched with other regions so long as i can be matched with my preferred region despite the ping

6/25 Update

We’ve made another change that should further reduce the possibility of getting into a match in a far away datacenter. Please continue to report these issues so we can identify any further changes we can make to improve datacenter selection.

12 Likes

So no plans to let us switch datacenters in the near future? This is especially important when playing late at night / early morning. There’s no reason to wait 15mins in q only to then expand the parameters and only then be put in the current active server when you could have chosen it yourself from the start.

11 Likes

So… just radio silence then on the fact that players dislike this? Do you guys not care that players just want to be able to pick?

12 Likes

What about Oceania, where there are no players in high elo or in the early morning? I want the ability to find matches in NA when necessary, but I can’t without using a VPN.

4 Likes

The classic Blizzard way.

“Fixing problems players don’t have with solutions players don’t want.”

WoW does it all the time.

12 Likes

Yes, I’d like to report an issue where we used to be able to select our regions before launching the game, and only got placed in those regions. Now it seems to be gone, and the only workaround is to block unwanted datacenter IPs, or pay a third party company to use a VPN.

Y’know…Like how literally everyone else in this thread has complained about? Can’t you guys just roll back this change and let us WILLINGLY sit through a longer queue if it means we get connected to the data center that we want to be connected to? Since this has literally been a feature since launch (even if previously you had to load the bnet app in the region you wanted to play in, prior to allowing us to change the region regardless of what bnet was launched in)?

16 Likes

Jeez please let me play on NA again in the early morning EU. this is so much not fun right now.

3 Likes

Can we get an ETA when the region picker will mean anything again?

You have no idea how much of a worse experience this game is now outside of normal hours for a region.

8 Likes

As a european living in east-asia I enjoyed playing on Americas. The ping was not bad and I could actually communicate with others in a game which relies on communication, Imagine that! Now I have to deal with chat being all Korean toxic mumbo jumbo every time I try to communicate.

Thanks for ruining the game experience blizzard.
You really need more silly decisions like this to keep players away from all your games.

Joke of a company, a shame to what you once were.

13 Likes