Crossplay for Nintendo switch is awful

Though cross play is a good thing come to overwatch I don’t want to play this game on switch against people with more experience and better frames (Xbox and PlayStation) And you can say just turn it off, but then I’m unable to find games in the only switch pool, I can’t play with it his game on switch without crossplay turned on cross play should not be turned on automatically and should be off my default, and switch should have its own pool and not be forced to play with higher quality consoles

12 Likes

nintendo switch is the best console of them all, just not suitable for online shooter games.

31 Likes

At the very least, we need the frame rate issue (which has been ongoing since the beginning of March!) to be fixed in order to even attempt crossplay with the other consoles. When you’re running ~20 fps with constant extreme drops, it’s very hard to keep up with people playing on consoles with 60+ fps. If we could go back to stable 30 fps like it was before March, I think I would be okay. But as of now it feels pretty broken.

10 Likes

It isn’t a good thing. It is awful on every platform.

2 Likes

Sounds like all the other switch players are playing fine with their limited fps…

8 Likes

Pretty sure they meant higher quality as in the hardware gives better performance. Higher resolution and frame rate.

2 Likes

I feel the Switch version feels strange and off. It doesn’t have the same feel as before the crossplay update. I might just go back into the Playstation version.

Sadly who knows how long till the next Nintendo console will come out to have an Overwatch version that will support 60fps

I agree.
It’s not the same game anymore.

3 Likes

What other switch players?

1 Like

I mean, come on, I’m sure there’s at least, like, idk 7 or 8 of them.

2 Likes

Sure. But less than 10.

1 Like

OW will probably be dead when Nintendo’s next console… Besides, Blizzard could downgrade the graphics and bump Switch’s framerate to 60, but… Well, IDK :man_shrugging:.

1 Like

Bummer you might be right, maybe OW2 might give it an boost in the future??? The first year on Switch was kinda active, now before crossplay backfill was completely dead at times.

honestly I wouldn’t mind if overwatch looked worse than older video games if it meant the playing field became more even

I know some Switch games run better docked than they do handheld mode, like for example Bowser’s Fury, but the Switch can output 1080p 60 fps while it is docked, and Overwatch on Switch is only 30 frames and was kind of rushed.

Ngl I am not surprised, I have played the switch version and so many people in QP play like the same is in slow motion…

I guess you should queue for comp instead to avoid it if its really as bad as I imagine.

That’s why I play on switch, love switch but

It’s a shame that this has happened to the consoles. I’ve seen others post screenshots of 30-60min queues on their platforms because they don’t want the feature to be enabled and if that’s the influx of players that’s coming on to PC servers it’s really disturbing

17 fps in Fortnite and Apex.
30 fps in Overwatch.
No new exclusive games in +1year, just ports from Wii U.
Games way more expensive than xbox and ps4.
Joy con drift.
It is actually the worst console right now.

9 Likes

I played Overwatch on my switch for 2 or 3 hours after it got released on the switch, never touched it again. I can understand that it feels unfair to compete against PS4/Xbox players. :confused:

1 Like