Cross play now has aim assist for console players

FINALLY!

NO MORE CARRYING DEAD WEIGHT CONSOLE DPS!!!

As much as I hate almost everything in OW2 so far this is the best part of the entire patch.

1 Like

I really do wonder how much chaos this has been causing in the matchmaker all this time. Console players are all playing QP/Comp against each other with aim assist, and their MMR is determined based on that. Then the game throws them into an entirely different setting, makes their aim worse, and expects that they’ll perform at the same MMR? It never made sense.

3 Likes

All that needs to happen now is for PC players to opt out of Crossplay if they choose, but this is good.

2 Likes

Ya I also would like to turn crossplay off in the PC client.

3 Likes

If they let PC players opt out of cross play then that’s a significant monkey wrench that’s being thrown into the matchmaker. If they add the option and most of the PC community decides they want to disable it, then the people who make these groups won’t be able to find decent games anymore. It might even make matchmaking worse for everybody, depending on how common crossplay groups actually are, I’m not sure.

If it’s anything like any other Crossplay title available, it truly won’t make much of a difference. As long as it’s on by default, you won’t see much in the way of matchmaking times difference with the option to opt out.

The actual player pool isn’t what you see and interact with in online message boards.

1 Like

Probably best to avoid QP now, it’s infested with console players unfortunately.

1 Like

If you’re mad about console players having aim assist in QP/Arcade I’m sorry but you’re silly

I’m not mad, just pointing out that it’s infested with console players that can’t hit a cow’s a r s e with a banjo.

1 Like

So if they added this, why cant they add aim assist for CONTROLLERS only on pc. I dont get it. Its the same thing.

Yeeeaahhh. A couple friends and I occasionally frequent BF2042, when we give up on a new shooter coming out to replace it lol but everytime we play, my friend ends up going on rants about how absurd the aim assist is, and how it breaks certain guns, usually the DMRs.

So one night, he and another friend just kinda threw their hands up in the air and said “F IT” and plugged a controller in and started abusing the aim assist just to make a point lmao the results were horrific, in that they destroyed everyone in-game, and remained as angry or even angrier by the end of it xD

2 Likes

With no opt out, we can moan all we want. It was a stupid decision to force players to crossplay with aim-assist users.

This is just another title that’s going to end up in the bin for not allowing me to exclude certain input methods.

2 Likes

Never noticed that there wasn’t aim assist tbh

The very idea that you should be able to opt out implies that there’s something unfair about it, like controller players have a competitive advantage over KBM players. That’s a pretty silly claim to make.

True controllers are certainly not easier than keyboard and mouse. Although u have to wonder why would nickmerks for example who could buy any and all pc parts he desires still play on a controller? Along with top streamers. U would think based on most of these posts a controller is overall more often than not dissatisfactory to keyboard and mouse. What gives? Never mind the aim assist, the fact that controller input is unimodular and therefore does not suffer from any signal interrupt processing between inputs will actually decimate any mouse no matter how new at any price in terms on input responsiveness. When u couple that with aim assist = gg. By the way u guys should look up something along the lines of controller aim assist flick shots vs mouse n keyboard for fortnite for example. The most insane shots and the streamer doesn’t even flinch an eyebrow while mouse and keyboard players go bonkers over a commonplace average difficulty flick. Obviously irrefutable that it doesn’t take a whole lot to execute.

If you haven’t played titles like Warzone or Halo:MCC, you won’t really understand how it feels to play against those who have dialed in their aim assist and are able to move their aim infinitely to counteract recoil etc.

It’s not the existence of a significant advantage, it’s the playstyle and edge-case benefits it can offer. And in the proper hands with appropriate configuration, aim assist can be extremely useful for tracking/non-flick shots.

Simply put, there’s a reason they haven’t opened up comp to crossplay, and there’s a reason other games at least allow you to opt in or out of crossplay at the users discretion.