Cross play comp mode

I play on pc and have a few friends that play console. We all would like to play competitive together but can’t due to them being separate. I understand why they are separate. What’s everyone’s thoughts on coming out with a cross play mode that’s a stand alone comp mode, kind of how open and role que are separate and has it’s own ranking system for the people that would like try comp with cross play friends.

1 Like

I’m for this in a way, because this mode would immediately get infested by ximmers and maybe someone would finally have to do something about them.

But honestly it’s unlikely because from a player POV low rank PC players are going to get annoyed by aim-assist and high rank console players will get annoyed by PC’s faster turn rate. And from Blizzard’s POV they’re not going to want to potentially split their playerbase in a popular gamemode like rolequeue

I feel like it could be fun and many other games have it, but could see the different challenges it would have. You could cap the refresh rate for PC at 120 because all new consoles are capable of 120 on a monitor instead of a TV (TV you cap at 60fps) switch is capped at 30 but I dont think many play on switch. And I don’t believe controller aim assist is that strong to compared to other games. So I would be fine with keeping aim assist for console players. PC players have an advantage 100% when it comes to aiming, we’re moving x amount of space depending on your preference on a 2d plane compared to moving a joystick half an inch with. A thumb. I’ve played controller most of my life until about 2 years ago I switch to mouse and keys.

The only answer you’re gonna get from the majority is a huge No, and for very good and quite obvious reasons…

Ximmers.

1 Like

Mouse and keys can get aim assist also. It’s a program called rewasd and I don’t believe ow has banned it yet. And I don’t believe ow aim assist is that great. Apex and cod aim assist is way higher then ow. So I don’t think ximming against PC player would be that big of a deal. Ximming against console is a different story. But with being a mixed lobby I think it would balance out a little bit.

aim assist is disabled on pc altogether.

Just shows how very little people know how Ximming works.

Rewasd is not giving you additional aim assist on top of what’s already there for controllers, which is what xim matrix does. Xim is hardware with built in firmware and script support, rewasd is software.

Xim matrix enable users to use advanced scripts such as no-recoil and boosted aim assist, and that’s the main issue with having cross play comp. Console players hard-locking due to the boosted aim assist along with no recoil scripts…

Console players should never be matched with PC players in competitive, and PC players should have an option to turn off cross play.

I’m not defending the use of rewasd, quite the opposite but Xim matrix is in a whole other league and can’t even be compared to it.

No, it wouldn’t, and cross play QP proves it every single day.

Not with Xim. Xim has it’s own built in aim assist and can be configured further with more aim assist and no recoil scripts.

1 Like

Um, how would that work - It would require software running on the pc, no? I mean aim assist, as in it reacting to if your crosshair is close to a player or not.

Recoil control i could see to be possible.

It’s hardware with built in firmware. What is it you don’t understand?

It has built in aim assist which works the same way as normal aim assist, except it can be configured with scripts, and you can download scripts configured by other people.

Yes xim is a Cronus I was referring to playing mouse and keys on console to get the advantage over a controller only environment. It maybe called something different. Cronus is 100 percent banana le and detectable from ow.
PC and rewasd gives the mouse itself controller aim assist and mouse and key can run there own scripts with out a Cronus. Logitech even has it built in to their logitech ghub program. You can run macros and scripts all you want with a Cronus.

How would it get/send data from the game to actually aim assist on pc - like knowing if you’re next to a enemy with your crosshair?

It’s a hardware program that runs scripts that you or someone else has to configure for every game and every weapon.
PC has had this for years. Without the hardware. It’s basically hacks on a lesser level.

Eh, no. Cronus is cronus, Xim is Xim.

Oh good grief i give up. People just don’t know what they’re talking about in this thread.

Yeah nice try troll. I’m putting you on ignore now.

No, again, stop talking if you don’t know what you’re talking about, please…

Just stop talking… This cluelessness is driving me insane…

Xim is basically a Cronus that allows you to use mouse and keys and still get controller aim assist. Same thing different company. Both use scripts to maximize aim assist and and lessen recoil.

And you should probably read your last posts you literally said the same thing.

As far as scripts and macros being on PC for years do some research.

Here’s a video for Logitech ghub macros/script

Still, in overwatch when playing on pc you wont have aim assist with a controller.

So I could see that recoil control possibly happening.
But anything that would require it to react to enemy position relative to your crosshair in game, nope.

Anyways, may be people use the term aim assist with a bit different meanings here.

Xim is mainly for keyboard and mouse immigrating controller on console. And I agree with the overwatch no aim assist on PC but other games the scripts mimic the controller and moves the cross hair in tiny circles to mimic jittering left joystick on controller to maximize aim assist with a Cronus.

I don’t even want them in my QP games.

1 Like

PC players or ximmers?

Console players. They drag you down. Controllers are a huge disadvantage.

Legit reason but you run across some that are just cracked.