Cross console voice chat not working

My friend is on PS4 and I’m on series X, I can hear him fine but the mic on my end isn’t working. Nothing wrong with the mic itself, we use it in other games. But on overwatch it isn’t picking it up at all.

Each platform have specific settings to allow cross-platform voice chat. I believe on PlayStation the setting is in Overwatch directly at Options > Sound. However for Xbox check this guide for instructions.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/multiplayer-cross-network-play

I have that setting on. Like I already said, we play other games with no issue. call of duty, pubg, destiny 2, etc.

Hey there Ultraviper,

Typically voice chat issues on consoles with the symptom you described would be due to a connection issue of some sort. Another odd yet verified cause is if a second controller is plugged in. It can override the mic so if you have a second one plugged in, try unplugging it and restarting the game to test.

The connection causes can be either with the network or ISP. A common setting with the network is Network Address Translation (“NAT”) settings. If they’re too strict, issues can occur with Xbox Voice Chat. Thorough steps for troubleshooting this problem are located on the Xbox support site

Another way to troubleshoot network or ISP issues is trying another connection entirely. A friend’s or neighbor’s network can be used for testing or a mobile hotspot. If you find either of those help, then talking to the ISP would be advised.

Hopefully this helps out! Take care out there.

1 Like