Credit where it is due!

I’ve made no secret of my displeasure with the phone issue. I don’t have a phone, and I likely won’t have one for the foreseeable future. I’ve thrown a huge fit about it for a while.

but with Overwatch 2 Launch Status Update saying older accounts are getting grandfathered in (Like a number of users on the forums suggested), I have to give credit for making the right call. Thank you Blizzard!

Do I believe everything is golden and good? No. But I have to give credit for a good call if I’m going to throw a fit about the bad calls. And this one WAS a good call to make. To backpedal on it and allow players without phones who already had the game to still be allowed to play.

5 Likes

Yeah, genuinely rejoicing for players who are no longer excluded! Family Overwatch night is back on :))

3 Likes

Y’know what? You’re right, that absolutely sounds like they’re making a move in the right direction.

This won’t fix everything but it would go a heck of a long way for a lot of players currently excluded from playing because of the prohibitive scheme.

EDIT:

To quote the post directly for anyone whose eyes bleed at walls of text:

We have made the decision to remove phone number requirements for a majority of existing Overwatch players. Any Overwatch player with a connected Battle.net account, which includes all players who have played since June 9, 2021, will not have to provide a phone number to play

2 Likes

Exactly. There’s the part about picking your battles, and if you never say “Yes. This was done right”, and all they ever hear is “Garbage. Bad. You’re terrible.” then why listen to anything at all? The voices that will tell you what think thinks both right and wrong, those are the ones that should be heard. And I refuse to be a ‘doomer’ who only says when things are bad. I want them to know that it’s noticed and cared when things are done right by me!

1 Like

I’m super proud for the overwatch community for speaking up and not backing down no matter what. If anything, this would not also have been made possible without all of those who decided to speak their truth on this matter so I THANK YOU ALL.

I’m honestly SO proud of everyone!

I also am super thankful to this company for deciding to take action on their end as well! I’m so relieved, happy and excited that I can be allowed to finally play!.

3 Likes

Exactly, don’t praise without merit, don’t condemn without demerit.

I think it would also be a good opportunity to thank the forum staff; We want you guys to know that, although we complain a lot, it’s not aimed at them. They’re bearing the brunt of all that feedback, can’t be easy.

Their communication is appreciated. It’s hard to reach out to people, especially when things aren’t going so well. In a customer facing role they’re getting a lot of raw emotional feedback and not enough thanks for what they do.

3 Likes

this is fantastic I agree.

I wonder if we’ll get Overwatch Classic in arcade and heroes in lower battle pass tiers. :thinking:maybe not Kiriko but I can easily see the tank being on 20/30. a fair adjustment imo

3 Likes